Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-08-2013, 09:55 AM   #11 
Skyewillow

we just had one of our girls drop a litter, babies all over the place, and of course, the camera's dead. lol

Ours aren't picky eaters at all, we just offer tons of variety. They like Omega One betta flakes, egg yolk and earthworm flakes (from a friend), tropical flakes, bloodworms, spirulina, Nori, "sea lettuce", and Mike's arm when he does maintenance on that tank.
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:39 AM   #12 
Chevko

Ooh, will be a hard fight between me and my boys for egg yolks, hah, but I will definitely keep this in mind. Fully cooked or about 80-90%?

Last edited by Chevko; 05-08-2013 at 10:45 AM.
Chevko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:45 AM   #13 
Jexx

Today I got little cobra to eat a combo of crushed nls pellets and omega one betta buffet pellets. It made me happy to see his little belly round from something other than shrimp. My bettas have been quite happy with me having a baby guppy since its lead to them getting a couple shrimp at dinner time. Sesshomaru has actually started to attack my finger everytime I put it in the water because he thinks I have shrimp stuck to me haha
Jexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:59 AM   #14 
Skyewillow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevko View Post
Ooh, will be a hard fight between me and my boys for egg yolks, hah, but I will definitely keep this in mind. Fully cooked or about 80-90%?
I think fully cooked, these are flakes, I'm not sure if my friend makes them herself or not. But it IS suggested food for fry. You hard boil the egg and pulverize it somehow.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:04 PM   #15 
Skyewillow

Picture for you!
Old 05-09-2013, 07:28 AM   #16 
Chevko

Here we go. A link to the entire dropbox folder with images of Honey and the boys :D

Moon is a blue, but he's always just stressed enough that he appears black :( So sad... he's really such a pretty blue color. At night, when it's dimmer/darker he seems to relax a bit more for some reason. I don't quite get this one. And Pink has this reeeallly pretty violet color that comes up on his sides and tail when he de-stresses, but he's hounded enough that he stays pink... Boys! Leave the poor guy be! I don't care if I'm part of GGLA or not >: | I will find you some ladies (eventually).
Old 05-09-2013, 08:54 AM   #17 
Jexx

:D :D :D I love seeing the pics!!! I can't wait until Little Cobra grows up and I can have a school of guppies of my own. I love how colorful they are! Their faces aren't as cute as a Betta's face though....
What were those snakey things zooming around the tank?!
Old 05-09-2013, 09:03 AM   #18 
Chevko

Those are my rabbits :3 If they ever leave the heater I'll get some videos of them! :D
Old 05-09-2013, 09:06 AM   #19 
Jexx

rabbits??
Old 05-09-2013, 10:48 AM   #20 
Skyewillow

Chevko, seeing your setup, more vertical plants will help your harassed boys out. Guppies like a ton of plants... like ridiculous amounts. We cheated by buying them fake plants, but it really made a difference!

(^there's 4-5 real plants in there, if you don't count the duckweed)

Tags
guppies