Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-08-2013, 11:08 AM   #1 
faraiza9

red tips on my Bettas fins? is that good?

I've had my betta a little over a month now. when I brought him from PetSmart, he was super white, and blue, prior to having him in my tank.. I had some neon reread in the tank... It's 5.5 gallons.... Obviously that was bad so they had gotten sick. So o just tried putting him with them, he killed one, and nipped ones fin... So I took the reread out. And I think I cleaned the tank after that... So about a few weeks later, he started missing scales from his head possibly from the sharp wood I had in tank, he would rub against it, and I noticed little by little his fins were turning a faint brownish color depending on how the light would reflect off him, and then his tail was like.... Getting weird, and had red rips, and tips. I added some salty stuff from api called general cure for his head for about a week, and he was recovering, I've been keeping his water very clean I guess it because of eater quality? But yeah it's gotten better, but I just dobtvkbow exactly what or why this occurred. If anyone knows. Can you please answer! I love my betta and would do anything to take care of him!
Check out pics below, o tried taking the nest natural pictures, it comes put differently on pics bit you'll see the brownish tint on the find, and you'll see where hos find are messed up looking, bit seems as of it's growing back o guess... Idk
Attached Images

faraiza9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:25 PM   #2 
BettaAngel13

My male marble Bettas had the same probably,I kept a close watch on him and a few days or so later his fins started to take their shape again.The reason for the Browning or discoloration on the tips of his fins could be fin rot.If he does not grow his fin back out within a few days or weeks,I recommend getting fin rot medicine for him.
BettaAngel13 is offline   Reply With Quote