Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-30-2009, 12:34 AM   #11 
dramaqueen
Banned

We have a Meijers here and they don't take much better care of their fish either. Their bettas sit in poop water and one time someone put 2 together! There is never anyone nearby to talk to so I wasn't really able to do anything about it.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 01:45 AM   #12 
The Amazonian Trio

The best we can do is spread awareness of the pet fish conditions of walmart and encourage a boycott....*glances* but that's up to the individual... and you didn't hear it from me. XD
The Amazonian Trio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 09:33 AM   #13 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think some people are already avoiding Walmart. They definitely won't buy fish from there, just supplies. My bettas all came from PetSmart, except for 2. One came from Feeders Supply and the other from an aquatics store that specializes in saltwater. He was in a large tank with other fish, I don't know what kind. It was filtered and heated.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:57 PM   #14 
IonBaller07

My Walmart actually has the little nametag signs above the tank for Green Spotted Puffer. I about lost my breath and dove down to look in the tank. Luckily there were none in there and havent been any since Ive been there but if there were I would probably just rip that tank out of the wall and carry it home. There is no way they can keep brakish/marine fish in there especially if its attached through open holes to freshwater fish.
IonBaller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 03:01 PM   #15 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think that anyone who sells fish should be educated on how to care foir them before they sell them.
Old 05-30-2009, 04:00 PM   #16 
Twistersmom

My Walmart always has the green spotted puffers. The store keeps them in fresh water. There is always a bunch of dead and sick ones in the tank. They start getting low on stock, a new batch is brought in.
Twistersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 04:05 PM   #17 
sunkissedinCA

ugh, walmart infuriates me when it comes to taking care of the fish! i've already saved 2 from the one here. last time i went, i had my heart broken when i looked and saw one betta that had died from the condition of the water it was in. i got my little girl from petco though, and they definitely take better care of them there, unlike walmart.
sunkissedinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 06:04 PM   #18 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have never bought fish from Walmart. My rescue betta came from there, though. My cousin got it for her 8 year lod daughter, who refused to take care of it. They were going to flush him but I told them I'd take him. He was a sickly fish but I don't know if it was from the abuse at Walmart, the abuse from my cousin or both.