Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-09-2013, 10:35 AM   #1 
kimt

Swim bladder/bloat

I think my baby betta has this. He is having some difficulty swimming and looks to be pretty bloated. I know he ate a lot yesterday because I accidentally gave him too much food and he ate quite a bit before I could remove it. I knew it was too much and was working on removing it but he is pretty quick. I haven't fed him today and gave him a betta leaf hammock right near the surface which he has been resting on. Otherwise he seems to be acting normal. He swam right over when I fed the other betta, hoping for some food, lol. Anything else I should do for him or do I just wait it out. I can go out and get something but it will have to be this evening as workers are here now installing a new AC unit and I can't leave. Right now he is in a divided 10 gallon with another betta. Temp is 78. Do I need to remove him and put him in the hospital tank?
kimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:46 PM   #2 
Catw0man

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimt View Post
I think my baby betta has this. He is having some difficulty swimming and looks to be pretty bloated. I know he ate a lot yesterday because I accidentally gave him too much food and he ate quite a bit before I could remove it. I knew it was too much and was working on removing it but he is pretty quick. I haven't fed him today and gave him a betta leaf hammock right near the surface which he has been resting on. Otherwise he seems to be acting normal. He swam right over when I fed the other betta, hoping for some food, lol. Anything else I should do for him or do I just wait it out. I can go out and get something but it will have to be this evening as workers are here now installing a new AC unit and I can't leave. Right now he is in a divided 10 gallon with another betta. Temp is 78. Do I need to remove him and put him in the hospital tank?
I would just wait.....and not feed him for a couple of days until he is swimming better. If it doesn't clear up then it would be time to consider other options.
Catw0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:52 PM   #3 
LittleBlueFishlets

+1 on what Catw0man said. It sounds like he just ate too much.
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote