Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-07-2013, 12:54 PM   #481 
Lodie

My red HM, Tyrion hates bigger tanks, backgrounds and filters. And he gets lonely. It has been a journey trying to figure out how to keep this one happy. He was happy when I first got him, in a 1 gal hex with no filter. But, after all the "nothing smaller than 2.5 gal" posts on here, I upgraded him to a 3 gal with a filter. He was obviously stressed so I moved him into a divided, NPT 10 gal, on the side without the filter. He chewed big chunks out of his tail. Then moved him into my critter keeper hospital tank (1.5 gal) with no filter and he stopped biting.

Just last week I moved him into a 2.5 gal right next to my monitor at work. He is THRIVING with all the added attention. His tail is growing in already and just seems much calmer. I am in the process of adding live plants for him now that I think I finally found him a permanent home. I am so happy that my little problem child is finally a happy fishy, just like the rest of my herd!

Lodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:33 PM   #482 
FishyFishy89

I'm not sure why so many freaking users are plastering those posts! It's so freaking annoying. Not every betta is happy in a larger tank. I've found larger tailed bettas enjoy smaller tanks, but there have been crowntails, veils and pks that enjoy smaller tanks more. It's all about what makes the fish happy. When the fish is happy, so is the owner.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:38 PM   #483 
Skyewillow

Don Quixote will hide and refuse to eat if he's in a 2.5! I have to keep him in a 1.5 just so he'll function... Scaredy baby. <3
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:29 AM   #484 
BettaSpark

LOVE this thread :)
BettaSpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:12 PM   #485 
Crowntails

Great thread! 1-2 gallons seems perfectly fine for a betta, especially ones with bigger fins because it's tiring to have large fins!
Crowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:25 PM   #486 
FishyFishy89

Imagine how tiring it would be to walk around with hair that is more than half the size of your body. O.O
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:06 PM   #487 
peachii

This is Clown aka Mean Fish. He loves being the boss of his 1.5 gallon tank and does not like being put into anything bigger. He flares at anything and everything that gets close to his tank.
Attached Images

peachii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:47 PM   #488 
Fenghuang

This is my 1.6 gallon tank from Walmart. I do have a preference for larger tanks, but my parents would not let me get a larger one so I have to make do. I don't think there is anything wrong with 1-2 gallon betta bowls and tanks as long as you can provide the proper care and do the more frequent water changes.

It has been a home for all my recent boys at one point or another. My other tank is a divided 5 gallon, so I moved bettas around when I was trying to figure who were the calmest to put in the 5.

Fenghuang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:25 PM   #489 
amzingaly

Here's my 2.5 gallon tank. I just set it up today and so its kind of bare but I think I'm going to add a moss ball tomorrow. Then all it will need is a betta to call it home. Personally I've always preferred 5 gallons but setting this tank up made me cross over to the world of smaller tanks.
Attached Images

amzingaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:04 AM   #490 
EmptyYourMindBeFormless

Love the creativity of this thread.

I was browsing some arts & crafts and home decorating stores this week and noticed many sell some pretty big, sturdy glass jars for very cheap (under $10)....may have to get one after seeing some of the setups in this thread.
EmptyYourMindBeFormless is offline   Reply With Quote