Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #17241 
Freyja
Banned

Seriously considering removing my gravel from the 20g and washing in boiling water to eradicate my trumpet snails.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:41 PM   #17242 
Shirleythebetta

See here is the thing, it's in a bedroom that she keeps locked at all times because she has a schizophrenic brother that will go in there and take his own meds and cigarettes which are things he obviously can't regulate on his own. Not to mention, it is in a locked safe. That would be some CIA, Spy type stuff there he would have to pull off. Not to mention there is no law saying she has to give it to him, so that technically does make it stealing since it is in her possession and it would mean going into her private property without permission and such. I think she could be the type that would claim somthing else was missing and cops would see it her way on that too unfortunatly, my uncle is a retired police officer and there is no judicial justice anymore but thats a rant I am not willing to start on. You can ask just about any cop if it is okay to go into a padlocked room with no key and get into a locked safe and take something. I guarantee they will say it's illegal. But that could be something we will have to agree to disagree on. I would rather pay the money and get a new one instead of risking me or my husbands spotless records.

It would be easier to buy it and harrass her until she pays us back which she will. She will get upset anyway when she sees how much we paid. I think my husband would rather buy it now anyways after the way she acted. She has problems with letting her kids grow up and make mistakes. She doesn't want to see they are grown and wants to make them need her. If he buys it though, she has no thumb on him and she will see he doesn't need her for it. My husband is a man and takes care of his self, she just won't let go. I credit all of his mature attitude to his dad who is unfortunatly deceased. She is a backward person. I am trying to talk her in to therapy because some of the things she says and does seriously make no sense.

(Please don't start a religious debate on this) For instance the other day she said the whole family needs to go to church because one of us has to be doing something wrong (meaning sin) because too many bad things were happening. That conflicts with every thing I know about any religion. Bad things happen to good people too..... Not to mention I like my life thank you and don't agree with your average church on matters of religion.

She has gotten mad at me before because I wouldn't watch her step son. Didn't talk to me for two weeks for it because I won't watch him until 1 am for her and her husband to go out and drink. I don't like alchohol in the least and won't support someones habit in any way.

Here is the grandest hypocracy of them all if you haven't caught it already, she claims to be Christian, gets drunk a couple times a week. Not to mention doesn't follow through with promises. She told her daughter to retaliate against her husband by hanging out late with her friends because he is a bad guy. That isn't telling your girl good marriage values and doesn't sound very *Christian*

On the other hand she does many good things for a lot of people. She really does, helps people who lose their homes in fires, feeds the poor through an organization that she controls.... Clothes them....

I seriously think this woman is cracked.

I don't know I want to move.... to the other side of the country.... maybe things will make sense there.... But really, thank you guys for confirming how insane this situation is and helping me get that out of my system, I was afraid I was alone on that. I appreciate it.

anti-rant- Plus side to today, my therapist said my anxiety and anger issues have improved so tremendously he is going to start reducing me off my meds. This is what happens when you have friends to talk to about things that irritate you and a better spiritual system.

Last edited by Shirleythebetta; 05-09-2013 at 05:44 PM.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:24 PM   #17243 
FishyFishy89

I woukd think a mother would give her own son the key and permisson to the house. But I guess some mothers don't. Shame.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:00 PM   #17244 
royal

Maybe you should convince your mother in law to go to the clinic for some meds. Or she could have just been drunk at the time. The latter seems more plausible to me.
royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:48 PM   #17245 
Shirleythebetta

I have been talking to her about seeing someone. She needs to see a therapist.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:21 AM   #17246 
Freyja
Banned

Or he could be just as petty and go to the police saying that she is withholding his personal property from him in a safe in a locked room in a her house. Make a hassle for her.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:19 AM   #17247 
FishyFishy89

hahaha
Would be nice, but his BC isn't his personal property. Whomever paid for it, owns it.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:22 PM   #17248 
Freyja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
hahaha
Would be nice, but his BC isn't his personal property. Whomever paid for it, owns it.
Does she have a receipt?
Old 05-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #17249 
Shirleythebetta

HA you guys are awesome :D Boy that would be something if she did... 30 years ago... LOL
Old 05-10-2013, 01:00 PM   #17250 
SnowySurface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyja View Post
Does she have a receipt?
I think the baby you bring home with you is the receipt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
(Please don't start a religious debate on this) For instance the other day she said the whole family needs to go to church because one of us has to be doing something wrong (meaning sin) because too many bad things were happening. That conflicts with every thing I know about any religion. Bad things happen to good people too..... Not to mention I like my life thank you and don't agree with your average church on matters of religion.
Any one who believes that has never read The Book of Job. It's an entire section of the Old Testiment that exists to say, "Bad stuff does happens to good people for reasons humans will never understand." It always rubs me the wrong way when someone jumps to the conclusion that if bad things are happening someone sinned somewhere and didn't say sorry.

I too, do not feel like starting a religious debate. But it bugs me when people say stuff like that. I'm not even going to get started on the people who say, "God hates <insert group the speaker hates here>," as if they have God himself on speed dial.

Anyways...

Rant: Smokey...

Turns out he likes to guard the algae pellet I drop in the tank for my snails even though he doesn't like to eat it. I've seen him try, but then he spits out the piece he bit off and hugs the pellet with his body. It's like he thinks no one should be able to eat the algae waffer if he can't. Now I have to get something to isolate him in so the snails can eat without having to push Smokey out of the way.

Anti-rant: It is kind of cool that my snails join forces to re-claim their food.
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou