Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-04-2009, 03:10 PM   #1 
LaniBaby

Red face I have a life dream to swim with my betta

Has anyone else ever wished that there was a tank so big that you could get in and just swim with your betta friend? I was thinking today how nice that would be. I mean, let's face it: having a fish for a pet is pretty much like having a tennis partner that's in prison. You can look at each other but you really can't play around much. I want to get in a tank with Crumb, a tank that's warm and clear, where we can frolic (gently, of course, so as not to mar his delicate fins) and play. A place where we can touch, fin to finger, and just have a generally merry time. I'd love it if he could just fly around and land on my shoulder while i'm typing this, but there he is; floating in the center of his tank, staring... always staring.

Just wanted to see if anyone else had any dreams of living a full and complete life with their betta buddies. ;) maybe someone wants to try to rent out a big empty tank at the aquarium (sans larger, predatory fish) to have a good romp with their betta?
LaniBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:31 PM   #2 
BettaSquirt

I wish that i could be TURNED into a Bettafish! and of course we wont fight! and i will swim with him forever as a bettafish! :D
BettaSquirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:49 PM   #3 
IonBaller07

I actually had a dream a few weeks ago that I was in a Walmart that was somehow flooded so it was underwater. And me and snowflake were in there, but it was kinda a nightmare because throughout the dream I was trying to save him, and me, from getting eaten by these giant shark-eel like things. But it would be nice. I dont know if hed like it much though,
IonBaller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:56 PM   #4 
Vikki81207

omg, wow that would be amazing. If I could do that I would. That just put a nice thought in my head. =D
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 05:59 PM   #5 
BettaSquirt

Hehe. I wish that i had magical powers to turn my self human and betta :) wouldn't that be AWESOME?
BettaSquirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:09 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

It WOULD be awesome to swim with my bettas. Ionballer, that was a nightmare!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:37 PM   #7 
LaniBaby

i'm glad i gave everyone some nice thoughts about their fishies. i really wish crumb were sitting here on my shoulder. it's just so unfair. it's like having a dream love.... where you see them, you can wave, but everytime you get just close enough to touching, you wake up.

haha. am i being weird about Crumb? hhaha
Old 06-04-2009, 09:49 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

I guess we feel the way we do because we can't have the same kind of relationship with our fish that we have with our cats and dogs. We can't hold them and pet them like we can a cat or dog. But we can still interact with them.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:33 AM   #9 
LaniBaby

i can pet crumb, although i'm concerned about petting him too hard. :P it's what gave me the idea. when i have my hand in the tank, he chases it and touches it. and if i chase him he runs a little like he's playing tag, but then turns around and comes right back and then lets me touch his fins and runs his body along my finger. he's a very tactile little fish. i love the look on his face, too. he looks up at my fingers like he's seen god. it's just this little fishy look of awe. and then, just to surprise him, i'll put in my whole hand and he's like WOW!!!!!!

we're probably the only people on earth that see expressions of emotion on our fish's faces. :P or maybe it's just me...
Old 06-05-2009, 08:47 AM   #10 
jonnylaw37

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaniBaby View Post
i can pet crumb, although i'm concerned about petting him too hard. :P it's what gave me the idea. when i have my hand in the tank, he chases it and touches it. and if i chase him he runs a little like he's playing tag, but then turns around and comes right back and then lets me touch his fins and runs his body along my finger. he's a very tactile little fish.

we're probably the only people on earth that see expressions of emotion on our fish's faces. :P or maybe it's just me
I wish mine was like that :) He just runs away from my fingers...
But don't worry, I sometimes see his facial expressions change too... I think...
jonnylaw37 is offline   Reply With Quote