Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-08-2013, 02:19 PM   #11 
love4bettas

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyalaCookiejar View Post
Lol most of our tricks were learned by other forum members, too ;)
That's what I love about this forum. Doing the right thing for our "babies" for nominal cost especially when you have almost a dozen tanks.
love4bettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:06 PM   #12 
AyalaCookiejar

We can usually contribute all those tanks to the forum, too :D

Started with one... joined here... now I have five, 3 "fostered" fish and 13 altogether if you count the snail and the shrimp. However, only 8 are bettas. I'm settling in a new tank ATM, haha.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:31 PM   #13 
love4bettas

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyalaCookiejar View Post
We can usually contribute all those tanks to the forum, too :D

Started with one... joined here... now I have five, 3 "fostered" fish and 13 altogether if you count the snail and the shrimp. However, only 8 are bettas. I'm settling in a new tank ATM, haha.
Ok, I'm really new it looks like. I have no idea what ATM stands for. Are there special abbreviations for fish I should know for posting that everyone knows. Don't want to waste a post for a dumb question as this one since it's not really productive and want to adhere to the forum rules.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:56 PM   #14 
Picasso84

Quote:
Originally Posted by love4bettas View Post
Ok, I'm really new it looks like. I have no idea what ATM stands for. Are there special abbreviations for fish I should know for posting that everyone knows. Don't want to waste a post for a dumb question as this one since it's not really productive and want to adhere to the forum rules.
Lol, (Laugh Out Loud) I don't think u have to worry about "dumb" questions... Where I come from, there's no such thing! :D And, I'm still learning all these abbreviations too, so no worries!

ATM: means At The Moment :D
Picasso84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:38 PM   #15 
love4bettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picasso84 View Post
Lol, (Laugh Out Loud) I don't think u have to worry about "dumb" questions... Where I come from, there's no such thing! :D And, I'm still learning all these abbreviations too, so no worries!

ATM: means At The Moment :D
Thank you! lol
Old 05-09-2013, 12:31 AM   #16 
AyalaCookiejar

Sorry I'm lazy and I'm usually typing on my phone :p ATM is kind of a universal abbreviation. But some fish related ones are IAL (Indian Almond Leaves) and SBD (swim bladder disorder) haha. Not to forget tail types like veil tail (VT) crown tail (CT) half moon (HM) plakat (PK) double tail (DT) and delta tail (DeT). Those you catch on to quick when you spend enough time on the forum :)
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:05 AM   #17 
love4bettas

One another post I mentioned that yesterday I finally figured out how I wanted to do my filters. Thanks to all of the suggestions here I did all 10 tanks and am so happy on how they all came out. I actually used to methods I ready about. I put a sponge in from of the flow outtake and then made a baffle for each tank. There is still water movement but very little and the "boys" aren't bothered by it one bit. So happy I found this forum. You are all so knowledgeable and imaginative. It cost nothing to do this. Already had the filters and was going to go with sponge filters but I had these, so I worked it out and not a penny was spent. Now I have money to look for another betta or two. Looking at females. "Hi. My name is Lyn and I'm a bettaholic". I am in need of a serious intervention!