Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-09-2013, 07:08 PM   #71 
kyle89

they have 3 m double side tape on the back. the hardest part is after cutting them down resodering them together an nope no directions
kyle89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #72 
InfiniteGlory

Kyle, I can tell that your lights have gotten dim like mine did. Your plants definitely like them too

my replacement lights came in today. I am going to try and find a way to 100% seal them up. I thought about using flowable silicone since it is thin like pancake syrup versus the stiff putty regular waterproof silicone.
InfiniteGlory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:28 PM   #73 
kyle89

mine came in yesterday. i hope i can get the sealed up good this time too. i ran a beed of silicone and than ran my finger over it. i probably wont do that this thime
kyle89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:37 PM   #74 
InfiniteGlory

Anyone have any updates on their tanks? Here is the latest I have from about a month ago. Plants are doing well and I have since added in floating plants. I had to switch back to my OEM lights due to moisture wreaking havoc on the strips.

I have not gone back and installed the replacement strips yet. I have been thinking about the one's that tekkguy installed since they are already fully water proof. Hopefully soon I will get the lighting thing figured out once and for all.

Old 06-24-2013, 04:52 PM   #75 
marktrc

im looking at the leds tekkguy posted. im wondering how you wire it up? I see there are positive and negative on both sides. and then I guess a ps would have a positive and neg. how do you connect it all? could someone draw a simple diagram pls.

sorry im an electric idiot. any help would be appreciated.
marktrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #76 
marktrc

if i had to guess id say its wired in parallel. just connect one end to pos and neg of ps. on the other end of the led string is pos and neg. just insulate the pos and neg seperately? i dont know. lol...
marktrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:32 PM   #77 
InfiniteGlory

the ones that tekkguy posted are already wired together. The only thing needed is the PS and it's just like you said pos to pos and neg to neg. Just make sure it's 12V DC and at least 1 amp or 1000mA output.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:54 PM   #78 
jasonwuzthere

Hi. Long time lurker, just wanted to say thanks for this thread!! I have 2 small tanks I wanted to plant for shrimp but not spend $50 lighting.
Thanks!

P.S. Sorry for the zombie thread, but a lot of other folks may find this useful after hours on Google.
jasonwuzthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:06 PM   #79 
InfiniteGlory

Thanks. Glad to see that it is helping people do more DIY projects than spending crazy $$$ on LED lighting.

I have some updates that I need to post but have not found the time. My original setup didn't last because it's not 100% waterproof, more like water resistant.

When my stock LED's went bad the manufacturer replaced my whole hood for free under warranty. So I have another strip of LED's waiting to go in but I need to find a way to make them waterproof.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:44 PM   #80 
jasonwuzthere

Did you say you used aquarium sealant, but you left some parts un-sealed? I was planning on covering it entirely with clear aquarium sealant.
jasonwuzthere is offline   Reply With Quote