Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-11-2013, 10:15 AM   #11 
Tigersoul101

I've never had those dreams that'll jolt you awake. It's so hard for me to wake up from a dream, espcally a nightmare.

I don't have nightmare often, like you Lilnaugrim, and I also think that it's because I'm such a cheerful one. I often get them when I'm stressed, like a lot of people I know.
Tigersoul101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:21 AM   #12 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Well lucky you, I guess those jolting dreams could count for nightmares that last exactly 2.8 seconds lol But I literally have not had a nightmare since I was about 9 or so, I'm 20 now so yeah, it's been a while :)

I can wake up from any dream I want at any point. I have this thing where I barely hit REM sleep so when I do, that's when I dream but it's so rare in the first half of my sleep cycle. Then towards the morning hours around 12 or 1 I start to wake up every half hour to an hour and then fall back asleep so I dream and then I continue it after I wake up. You're supposed to be paralyzed while you sleep since your brain is literally disconnected from your body so that's my clue that I don't sleep well. I toss and turn like there's no tomorrow.

Yeah, I just sleep weird and dream weird :)
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:42 PM   #13 
Tigersoul101

I mentaly can't wake myself out of a dream, but because I'm a very light sleeper, thigns often cause me to get out of them.

I heard about that paralysis sleep thing and they said that lucided dreamers get them, I haven't... Not yet that is... My mother gets them and it freaks her out to no end.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:47 PM   #14 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

No, I don't mean waking up and being paralyzed which is something else entirely (it's when your brain wants to connect itself back to the body but your body wakes up before it can compute it basically which then usually leads to freaking out because you can't move)

What I was talking about is during a REM cycle when you should be properly asleep your body becomes paralyzed. People who toss and turn, like myself, don't hit a very deep REM sleep which is what we need. And then on the other side people who go into a REM sleep and hit a deep REM like your body SHOULD be doing, sleep heavily.

But it doesn't matter what kind of sleep you get, you are going to hit REM and once you do, your brain is disconnected, rendering your paralyzed until your brain reconnects again. Does that make more sense?

Sorry I might know too much for my own good haha. My family has a long history of Sleep Apnea, I probably have it as well but having this condition we know more about dreaming than most people ^^
Old 05-11-2013, 03:52 PM   #15 
Tigersoul101

Oh, ok. I didn't know that your body is should be paralyzed durring a deep REM sleep. And yeah it makes more sense.

XD, it's alright, I like knowing too much for my own good...
Old 05-11-2013, 03:54 PM   #16 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yup ^^ Glad I could clarify haha

Yeah I feel like I know too much but then when I really look at it, I know next to nothing which amazes me and just the amount of knowledge there is in the world! Makes me feel philosophical XD haha
Old 05-11-2013, 04:01 PM   #17 
Tigersoul101

When I'm into something I'll go find everything and learn eveything that's realated to that subject. Ie: Doctor who, Marvel, betta fish, cats, ect.

And I think I know a little too much of how neves work... I feel so poweful with that knowledge that I could hurt someone...
Old 05-11-2013, 04:42 PM   #18 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I completely understand! I do the same exact thing haha like when I first got into fish, I mean I'm still learning from real life situations but I felt like I did all the research on the planet haha
Old 05-11-2013, 04:44 PM   #19 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigersoul101 View Post
When I'm into something I'll go find everything and learn eveything that's realated to that subject. Ie: Doctor who, Marvel, betta fish, cats, ect.

And I think I know a little too much of how neves work... I feel so poweful with that knowledge that I could hurt someone...
O_o? What's that mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigersoul101 View Post
. I feel so poweful with that knowledge that I could hurt someone...
Little Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:45 PM   #20 
Tigersoul101

I know! Compared to what my teacher told me on how to take care of my betta, I did a lot better! The funny thing is that durring a school project I don't learn squat evern if I do a ton of reserach >.<