Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-08-2013, 09:18 AM   #1 
Raincloud

Just out of Curiosity...

So...I happen to have a 90 gallon tank in my garage. That's right 90 GALLONS! I am not too sure but it may even have a filter already and a heater (but I am not sure) It was my brother's salt water tank but he doesn't have room for it at his house. He has been trying to get his friend to take it but obviously it's not exactly easy to move.

I have been eyeing it for quite some time but it's literally too heavy to go upstairs (in my room) I have been trying to convince my mother to let me set it up downstairs. If I ever could I may do another salt water tank but was wondering what sort of option I would have with fresh water?

(This is something I don't anticipate happening any time soon. I am broke from my current sorority project)
Raincloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:53 PM   #2 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

A Huge Freaking Awesome Betta Sorority is what you could have!

Lol in all seriousness though you could pretty much do anything. I would start of establishing many, many plants to have it completely planted (this is my dream at least) and then you could have a large school of tetras or something with a large center piece fish. Or you could make it a cichlid tank, either a few pairs of Rams or Apisto's or some of the large Cichlids would be cool, could have a few blood parrots or an Oscar!

You could have some larger catfish in there or...yeah idk, I think I ran out of ideas lol

I hear that freshwater gobies are interesting too!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:06 PM   #3 
Raincloud

Thanks for responding! It's funny but it's size would make me indecisive because it seems like I could do anything with it, but I love to hear what others suggest or what they would do :)
Raincloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:25 PM   #4 
Tabbie82

Holy cow!! 90 gallons! Welllll... I personally would start a saltwater tank full of corals and seahorses and clown fish... But, that's just what I would do with such a large tank.
Tabbie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:35 PM   #5 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah I hear you, I had a hard enough time with 33 gallons! I changed my stock list so many times that I can't even count! And the Betta sorority just kind of...happened, I don't even remember when I decided to do it, but glad I did :D

I'd suggest to go on youtube and watch what other people have in their 90 gallons to give a bit of an idea as well :)
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:20 AM   #6 
VJM

I would do a major planted freshwater tank, with German Blue Rams, pygmy corys, and something else like Vietnamese white cloud mountain minnows. No idea if they would actually work together, but community tank all the way.

With so many, many plants.
VJM is offline   Reply With Quote