Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-12-2013, 02:15 PM   #1 
jadaBlu

Small cave for Petsmart rectangular 2.5 gallon

My EE Elephonso isn't a very active fish he hides alot so I went with a small tank for him. The fact that he has an official tank now and not a hospital tank is a victory. He's been living in hospital for at least 3-4 weeks. He will be blind in one eye due to ammonia build up and poor care at Petco.

He really would enjoy cave. He buries his head in the gravel and puts himself on all sorts of weird positions believing I can't see him. I don't want him to hurt his other eye. He is otherwise happy and healthy.

Anyway, I have one of those $14 rectangular 2.5 gallons from Petsmart that comes with the glass top.I am looking for a small tank decoration that will be a good cave for him that won't overwhelm the tank. I am looking for something decorative rather than homemade. He is gray with white fins with some bluish and pink tints. There pics in my album although not the most recent ones.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:07 PM   #2 
pittipuppylove

You could do something like a small cichlid stone - they're nice and natural looking and the ones I've seen have really smooth edges that would work well with a betta.
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:16 PM   #3 
Saphira101

You could also just use a terra cotta flowerpot -- it's much cheaper and you don't have to worry about it containing metal. If you do use a flowerpot, plug up the little hole in the back so you fishy can't stick his head through and get stuck.

Best of luck!

Saphira
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:24 PM   #4 
jadaBlu

Thank you everyone. I really like the ciclid stone. I think my crown tail would love a flowerpot so I will do that for that tank. I just set it up the tank needs touching up. Maybe a tiny plant. You can barely see Elephonso up against the glass.

jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote