Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-12-2013, 08:41 PM   #1 
NoviceBettaKeeper98

Does the tank seem crowded?

Just wondering, does my tank seem too crowded? I've got gravel, Neptune (my male delta tail betta), a plant, a log (from Petco) and a filter. I'm getting a Marina C10 heater soon. This tank is a 1.5 gallon Tetra tank.
Attached Images

NoviceBettaKeeper98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:20 PM   #2 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Not really! Betta's like to swim through plants and enjoy having a "forest" of plants to swim through. If you think about it, they come from Rice Paddies which just has loads and loads of tall grasses and other various plants, so I wouldn't be worried, it looks nice to me :D
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:25 PM   #3 
RiceFish

Looks good! Just a word of advice, if you're getting a pre-adjusted heater just be careful that it does not overheat the tank
RiceFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:46 PM   #4 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

That heater will be fine RiceFish :) I have used that in my 1 gallon tank without problems for over 6 months (then I upgraded my tanks when I found how to really care for my fish) But I've used it since and I've never had problems with it over heating my tanks.

However looking now, you might want to try to baffle your filter Novice, if the flow is too strong for your little guy. I know it can be overwhelming in a 1.5 or 1 gallon tanks :) Even in some of my 3 gallons it gets a little strong. If you get some clean sponge you can rubberband that over the out flow of the filter, you may have to adjust it a few times but it will work :)
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:46 AM   #5 
peachii

I keep looking at that log, tempting to try it out eventually. I think a few of my betta would love it.

My 1.5 gallon looks very similiar to this one, just all plans and 1 Tshaped plastic fitting for my boyfriend's betta to swim through.

I think it looks fine, so long as your guy uses the log. I imagine he does. Add the heater and I wouldn't put anything else in there.
peachii is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta fish, betta tank, tank decor