Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-08-2013, 05:19 PM   #381 
Mar

Thanks a lot!
Perseus just popped into my head when I first saw him.

I agree with crowntaillove3, his eyes are really cool! I love heterochromia in eyes , really beautiful and such a contrast!
How old is Barkley?
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:55 PM   #382 
Adnamac

Right now I just have all my betta, and my kitty cat. Baby. :)

Hopefully in the near future I can add to the list.

This is my Baby-cat, hanging out in a shopping bag on my sister's bed.
Attached Images

Adnamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:46 AM   #383 
copperarabian

I've posted my other buddies earlier in this thread I think, so here's the newest.

On April 14 I adopted Kenji the African gray parrot. He lived with a fantastic couple his whole life since being weaned and only unfortunate circumstances caused them to find him a new home. They took excellent care of him, giving him harrison's pellets, vet care, and fresh fruits and veggies everyday. They raised a wonderful well rounded bird, and I feel so lucky to be able to include him in my life.

Kenji was hatched in 1993 making him 20 years old, but just like humans he still has a long life ahead of him.

copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:13 AM   #384 
Kithy

Meeko!
Kithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:24 PM   #385 
Viva

Kenji is amazing! I would love to meet an African Grey and maybe even own one one day.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:41 PM   #386 
WaterWolf100

This here is my 10 year old baby, Little Sunshine. (she's not so little anymore though!!) I like to call her my snugglebug. Luckily, she pays no attention to my boy, DiNozzo.
Attached Images

WaterWolf100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:10 PM   #387 
whiskandbowl

CopperArabian, Kenji is beautiful. I have a soft spot for greys ever since we had a TAG come through for sale at work. He was the sweetest thing.
whiskandbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:31 AM   #388 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva View Post
Kenji is amazing! I would love to meet an African Grey and maybe even own one one day.
Thankyou :D They are pretty cool birds, super smart and very aware of whats going on around them. They need a very dedicated parront, and it's a bit of work finding new ways to keep his life interesting on a daily basis. I bet you'll get to meet one at some point, there are quite a few around. Volunteering at a parrot rescue is a sure way to meet one.

I got a cute video of him the other day :)
http://youtu.be/mN8kDayAZHE

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskandbowl View Post
CopperArabian, Kenji is beautiful. I have a soft spot for greys ever since we had a TAG come through for sale at work. He was the sweetest thing.
aww, I love Tenmeh's. They often have a beautiful lilac iridescence to them that isn't seen in the congos. Grays are fun birds, not my dream bird but I always thought it would be wonderful to include one in my life. Kenji is pretty sweet, he loves to give kisses. Earlier today(oh, actually yesterday - wow it's late) he beaked my finger a little hard and said "ouch that huuurts, no biting" LOL

My main motive for adopting Kenji was because of Rosie, When I'm not home I felt bad that she was alone in my room. She used to live with a African gray, and Kenji lived with a blue and gold his whole life so both are fairly well socialized bird on bird. They don't have to like each other, but having a companion in the same room is good physiologically in ways that my fish tanks can never offer.

Rosie is one of my best friends, and I hope Kenji can be as well, I expect around 6 months to a year we'll be making friend ship bracelets lol

Here's Rosie :P

Last edited by copperarabian; 05-15-2013 at 03:36 AM.
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:25 PM   #389 
Viva

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperarabian View Post
Thankyou :D They are pretty cool birds, super smart and very aware of whats going on around them. They need a very dedicated parront, and it's a bit of work finding new ways to keep his life interesting on a daily basis. I bet you'll get to meet one at some point, there are quite a few around. Volunteering at a parrot rescue is a sure way to meet one.

I got a cute video of him the other day :)
http://youtu.be/mN8kDayAZHE

aww, I love Tenmeh's. They often have a beautiful lilac iridescence to them that isn't seen in the congos. Grays are fun birds, not my dream bird but I always thought it would be wonderful to include one in my life. Kenji is pretty sweet, he loves to give kisses. Earlier today(oh, actually yesterday - wow it's late) he beaked my finger a little hard and said "ouch that huuurts, no biting" LOL

My main motive for adopting Kenji was because of Rosie, When I'm not home I felt bad that she was alone in my room. She used to live with a African gray, and Kenji lived with a blue and gold his whole life so both are fairly well socialized bird on bird. They don't have to like each other, but having a companion in the same room is good physiologically in ways that my fish tanks can never offer.

Rosie is one of my best friends, and I hope Kenji can be as well, I expect around 6 months to a year we'll be making friend ship bracelets lol

Here's Rosie :P

Rosie is gorgeous! And yeah, I can watch African Greys talking on Youtube for hours, literally! They're too hilarious! One day I'll talk with one :D
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:47 AM   #390 
keepsmiling

Kenji and Rosie sounds familiar, are you on avian avenue or precisely parrots? They are gorgeous btw. Love the gif!
keepsmiling is offline   Reply With Quote