Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-14-2009, 03:26 PM   #11 
IonBaller07

I had a creepy moment at the store today. I was at Walmart waiting for my mom too go shopping and I was just standing there staring at the bettas like I normally do, one day Im going to buy one of the little black sad ones and see if I can get some color in him. Anyway this old man had to be in his 70's walks over lokks where Im looking and says "Are those real fish in there?"
I said, "Yah" (in a tone that implied, thats sad isnt it)
He said "Well Ill be darned how long have they been doing that"
I was like "They've been doing it for a while now, they look bad dont they"
and he said, "Yah, Ive sure missed alot, Im going to talk to the managers about this"
So I figured it was just some old guy that found out about the bad conditions of bettas and wanted to help them. I felt good about myself for drawing his attention toward them so they might get treated better or something. But then the old guy followed about 50 feet behind me the rest of the time I was there so he might have just been some creeper trying to hit on me. IDK. After following me back and forth across the store 3 TIMES he sat on a bench ten feet away while me and my mom got food. Weird people out there. But he might have cared about the bettas....maybe.

But anyway I gave Marina 2 tablespoons for the 10g because the box said 1 every 5g. All the fish swarmed it and tried to eat it and then flew off when they realized it was disgusting salt.

Last edited by IonBaller07; 06-14-2009 at 03:30 PM.
IonBaller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:39 PM   #12 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm glad your Mom was with you. There are so many wierdos in this world!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:42 PM   #13 
IonBaller07

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I'm glad your Mom was with you. There are so many wierdos in this world!
I dont think it would have been a big problem anyway. I mean Im a 17 year old guy and he was an 60-80 year old man. So I think I could have taken him I just didnt feel like having to fight an old man in a Walmart.

About how long should it take for the ich to go away if it does. And how often should I do water changes?

Thanks for all the help.

Last edited by IonBaller07; 06-14-2009 at 03:46 PM.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:45 PM   #14 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yeah, but bad things can happen to adults as well as younger kids. I know someone who almost got carjacked a couple months ago.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:55 PM   #15 
dramaqueen
Banned

The info that I got said treat until the ick is gone. I have no idea how long it will take for it to go away.IDK maybe a week or two. Just keep an eye on her. I hope you don't think I was assuming you were a little kid who couldn't take care of himself.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:00 PM   #16 
IonBaller07

Quote:
Yeah, but bad things can happen to adults as well as younger kids. I know someone who almost got carjacked a couple months ago.
Ohh that sucks. Id be scared to death if I got carjacked. These guys that go to my school got one of their older freind thats like 28 to pretend to carjack one of my friends. He pulled an airsoft gun on him and made him drive like 10 miles before he told him to get out and drove off with his car. But what they didnt expect is the kid that got carjacked called the police (I dont know how they didnt expect it ) But the kids that got the guy to do it all went to juvie and the guy that actually took his car went to jail for like 10 years. But my friend got his car back.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:03 PM   #17 
IonBaller07

Quote:
The info that I got said treat until the ick is gone. I have no idea how long it will take for it to go away.IDK maybe a week or two. Just keep an eye on her. I hope you don't think I was assuming you were a little kid who couldn't take care of himself.
Ok, I hope it goes away soon. And I didnt think you assumed anything just letting you know...heck crowntail thought I was a girl a little while ago
Old 06-14-2009, 04:07 PM   #18 
dramaqueen
Banned

Actually, Crowntail did it to two other people besides you. lol I guess those kids at your school thought they were being funny but something like that isn't funny. Its scary.I hope they learned their lesson while they were in juvie.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:14 AM   #19 
IonBaller07

Well good news, I checked Marina today, no white spots at all, they are all gone. I dont know if it was ick or not but Im glad its gone. I will continue water changes everyday the rest of the week to make sure it is out of the tank.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:40 AM   #20 
dramaqueen
Banned

Didn't you say she has sand in her tank? It could be that some sand stuck to her and thats why she had white spots on her.