Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-14-2013, 09:34 AM   #1 
alwaysaBettaLover

i am ashamed of myself beyond belief....

Please don't tell me I'm a bad betta fish owner, or scold me. If you posted on my most recent thread then you know I got two girls and wanted to breed them with either sparkey, or Thor, or even put them in with sparkey, but I handent done enough research to breed, and sparkey would've killed them if they were in his tank. For the longest time, I dint know what to do about my situation, because the deal was I could get another betta fish, -I am ashamed to say I actually listened to a petsmart employee, and got two to put In sparkey tank...- as long as they were on sparkey tank ( so basicly no more tanks). But after I found out that they couldn't go in with sparkey, I had no clue what to do. Finally, I realized that I couldn't keep them, so after a while of searching for the right owner, I finally found someone who had two 12 year olds who had recently had a betta fish but it died .-they were devasted because they forgot put enough water conditioner in the tank.- after it had died, they couldn't get another one because they were too scared they would kill it, but I trust that they will take good care of them.
I myself, am devastated that I had to give them away, so please, don't tell me how I sjouldve done some more research, or thought this through, because we all know how easy it is to buy a betta. I am very upset, so please please please don't make it worse....
alwaysaBettaLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:57 AM   #2 
Spike34

To be honest no-one can make you feel worse than you can. You made a mistake but most importantly you rectified it.
The family that you placed the bettas with also made a mistake and are highly unlikely to make it again; I'd give them the benefit of the doubt. Better that the bettas are with a family than handed back to Petsmart that's for sure.
Spike34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:53 PM   #3 
alwaysaBettaLover

Yeah, I gave the family an almost 3 page packet of betta care and tips. Haha I was really cautious. Also,because I was so worried I actually considered giving them back to pwtsmart but I realized that that was our of the question. Those Dang petsmart employees are so convincing...
Old 05-14-2013, 04:58 PM   #4 
LittleBlueFishlets

Why are you ashamed of yourself? You bought bettas based on advice you were given. Then you did research and learned that this was not the correct way to care for them, so you found a new home for them.

I don't think that's a reason to be ashamed at all. It sounds more like "responsible pet ownership."
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:04 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

You made a mistake. We all make mistakes so don't be so hard on yourself.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:01 PM   #6 
logisticsguy

What DQ said. We all have made mistakes with betta fish, even experienced people make mistakes all the time so do not beat yourself up. In the end you did a good thing.
logisticsguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:15 PM   #7 
alwaysaBettaLover

Yeah, I guess I shouldn't be so hard on myself, but I at least should've gone back home, did some research, and then decided weather or not to get them. It makes me happy knowing they are at a better home though