Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-15-2009, 04:59 AM   #1 
Ilovemyshiny

Angry HELP me save them

if you live in the cali in the high desert....there is a 99cent store that sells betas in a tiny little cup that has only about one inch water and that little bit of water is nasty brown you can hardly see the fish. this is how i got my first beta, i rescue them from there as often as possible. help me get save them if you live near. i have 7betas and 3 trutles so you can imagine all the tanks in my house. my mom says no more but they still need rescuing...
Ilovemyshiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:52 AM   #2 
Lupin

Location: Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Information Super Highway
If you are buying the fish, you are not really trying to help diminish this trend. Buying them this way simply helps their trend to fluorish. Only one way to save them, is unfortunately to boycott the store completely and spread the word to others nearby about the cruelty involved.
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:18 AM   #3 
IonBaller07

Yah what Lupin says is true, unforunatly they will just get more fish to fill the empty spots on the wall.

But I bet those 7 bettas sure are happy you rescued them.
IonBaller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:01 PM   #4 
Ilovemyshiny

who said im buying them?....im just saving them.... im not going to acctually support them. but yea i guess your right.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:30 PM   #5 
Lupin

Location: Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Information Super Highway
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovemyshiny View Post
who said im buying them?....im just saving them.... im not going to acctually support them. but yea i guess your right.
You didn't indicate how you obtained your bettas which is why I assumed you were buying them in which case the employees perceive you are promoting their sales and their activities towards the fish.
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:06 AM   #6 
Ilovemyshiny

lol. yea i know.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:38 PM   #7 
LaniBaby

maybe you'd do better if you talked to the store's management? or perhaps had a petition signed by the neighborhood residents that says if they dont' start treating their bettas with a minimal amount of care, they'll all boycott the store. You can also post signs on the front of the store right after it closes that say things like "fish abuse" or anything else you want to say. surely they'll remove them in the morning, but lots of people will see them during closed hours and maybe they'll get the point eventually. sadly, i also believe that buying them (or maybe even just taking them) but not making a case for why you're trying to rescue them will only make them think it's ok to keep their animals that way because people accept it and buy them anyway.

good luck on your fishy crusade. i admire your desire to help them all.
LaniBaby is offline   Reply With Quote