Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-15-2013, 04:19 PM   #1 
Skyr

Reflection

I feel like I'm asking too many questions here, I'd done a lot of research but things I hadn't read about seem to be occurring now... I guess I'm also getting stressed over his fin getting damaged and seeming to get worse no matter what I try, I've taken out anything that has anything that resembles a sharp edge. his fins jut look frayed now..

I know a betta seeing one's own reflection in a mirror can be entertaining for a betta for a short while, but becomes stressful after a prolonged time.

What does one do when he sees his reflection in the tank glass constantly? I'm not sure what to do to help with that.. and his torn fins were looking a bit better until I spotted more tears from flaring too hard and being caught in the outflow of the filter becaue that'ls where he sees his reflection most.

Last edited by Skyr; 05-15-2013 at 04:27 PM.
Skyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:25 PM   #2 
Kithy

Sometimes putting solid colored paper will get rid of the ability to see their reflection, white paper usually works for mine.

If your outflow is damaging him in any way though it might need to be baffled in some way so the flow isn't too strong.
Kithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:43 PM   #3 
Skyr

Oh, that's a good idea.. I had been thinking of getting a background if that would help.. but plain white paper is cheaper.

It is baffled with a sponge, but he still likes going right under the flow no matter how much I reduce the flow to a trickle. I am going to pick up a water bottle and try that method as well.
Skyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:50 PM   #4 
Kithy

Careful with that one. I did that and didn't think about how it would tear my VTs fins up and then he went and did it. Ended up doing a nylon around the whole baffle for safety.
Kithy is offline   Reply With Quote