Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-08-2013, 11:17 PM   #1 
Alcemistnv

Wild with females?

So, I have a girl that I got from the pet store that I wasn't sure if she was a wild, but I'm almost 100% sure she's either full or part.

Her color is drained so she's not at her best, but her sister was colored in enough for me to see. But after doing some google image search and looking at everything from fin color to body shape, it's a definite.

But here's my situation. She's supposed to go in my 10 gallon sorority. Is that something that can be done, or does she have to be alone? :(

The sorority isn't 100% established because of reasons I choose not to state, but it's on its way, and she won't be added untill I return home in 2 weeks.

So yea, advice?
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:39 PM   #2 
Mirage23

Pictures?
Mirage23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:44 PM   #3 
Alcemistnv

Pictures are here:
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=172505
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:04 AM   #4 
Setsuna

hybrid splenden female for sure
Setsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:47 AM   #5 
peachii

We have some of what we think are hybrids from Wal-Mart and they have done just fine with my sorority. We got one that we gave to a neighbor because she didn't get along with the other girls - turns out after she grew a few months - she was a He and would never have worked anyway.

Out of all the girls we have gotten only 2 haven't been able to stay in the sorority. We have gotten extremely lucky in picking the girls out and our sorority is complete for the moment.
peachii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:14 PM   #6 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I was going to say, are you sure that your girl is actually a girl? That anal fin looks fairly pointed and those Ventrals are pretty long too. I also picked one up from my Wal-Mart that turned out to be a boy. I would just watch carefully.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:42 AM   #7 
peachii

Just looked at all his pictures and in a few of them you can see the white egg spot kind of clearly, so i would bet she is a girl. We have 2 girls from Walmart that are part wild and HUGE, one of them is probably getting close to 2 1/2 inches long now- we named her Shamu. Almost every girl we have seen from Walmart has wild markings on them.
peachii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:22 AM   #8 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Unfortunately, just because you can see an egg spot doesn't always indicate a girl. My "girl" that went boy also had an egg spot, many young males have what is an imitation of the ovipositer just to fool us more. And I couldn't tell by the beard either since my girl Mystique had the same size beard ><
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:24 AM   #9 
ElizabethB

I have two wild-type females in my sorority, and they are both beautiful. They get along great with the others. The only problem is they haven't warmed up to me yet lol. Every time I get near the tank they get stress stripes. But from a distance, one is a dark iridescent blue, and the other is a light copper color with reddish fins. Maybe someday they will realize that with me comes food.
I love their colors, and the spotted fins.
ElizabethB is offline   Reply With Quote