Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-18-2009, 01:52 PM   #1 
Nightfish

newb questions

so I am getting a small 1 gallon tank for my betta, I wanted to know a few things how do i heat it? that seems to be important though my betta's always lived fine with goldfish (except Nightfish lol) I decided to give him his own little home originally it was going to be the ten gallon but one of my fish had babies-so they get the ten gallon to grow
Nightfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:55 PM   #2 
fishboy95

You should get a heater. They have small ones at petsmart or petco for around 8 bucks. The water needs to be somewhere between 76-82 F. Preferably between 78-80
fishboy95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:01 PM   #3 
Nightfish

oh so they do have little heaters?!
Old 06-18-2009, 02:24 PM   #4 
MrVampire181

Yop they have little heaters.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:32 PM   #5 
Ilovemyshiny

i think they have them at walmart to, if you get a light top and leave the light on always it will probably keep the heat up, mine does...but i live in the desert where its always hot so that helps too.
Ilovemyshiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:51 PM   #6 
Nightfish

where I live its winter about 9 months of the year lol
Old 06-18-2009, 05:39 PM   #7 
NetGeek

One gallon is pretty small

I originally had my first Mr. Foosh in a tiny Betta Condo. They just laze around and seem listless. On the recommendation of my local pet store and a very knowledgeable young lady, I put Mr. Foosh II in an Eclipse 3. Tank is 3 US gallons, has an excellent in-hood filtration unit. Some people think that the Eclipse has too much current, but my little guy goes right into the current, kinda like an aquasizer!

Give him room to swim and you will be amazed at the difference. As to heater, put a thermometer on the tank before investing in a heater. My ambient room temperature is around 72 degrees, but the tank stays at an honest 80 degrees overnight and 82 - 84 during the day when the light is on.
NetGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 07:44 PM   #8 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetGeek View Post
I originally had my first Mr. Foosh in a tiny Betta Condo. They just laze around and seem listless. On the recommendation of my local pet store and a very knowledgeable young lady, I put Mr. Foosh II in an Eclipse 3. Tank is 3 US gallons, has an excellent in-hood filtration unit. Some people think that the Eclipse has too much current, but my little guy goes right into the current, kinda like an aquasizer!

Give him room to swim and you will be amazed at the difference. As to heater, put a thermometer on the tank before investing in a heater. My ambient room temperature is around 72 degrees, but the tank stays at an honest 80 degrees overnight and 82 - 84 during the day when the light is on.
Though bettas can survive and thrive in a 1 gallon container, I think you should try to get a 2.5 Gallon or larger tank.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote