Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-15-2009, 06:40 PM   #1 
NetGeek

Smile Feeding update on Mr. Foosh

Thanks again to all for your kind advice regarding Mr. Foosh, aka His Majesty, aka Mr Picky Eater.

The suggestions about Hikari food might be the trick. I went down to the local pet store where I bought him, and purchased some Hikari Bio Gold pellets. Not cheap compared to Top Fin, but I am hoping that he will like them better. Cost is no concern when dealing with a family member.

I also spotted Hikari Freeze-Dried Brine Shrimp. And they are fortified with nutrients (unlike his favorite bloodworms), so I figured that I would give them a try.

SUCCESS!!! He LOVES Hikari Brine Shrimp. He goes into full attack mode when I put them into the tank, just like Bloodworms. So I have kept him on Brine Shrimp for a few days, I will try him on the Hikari Bio Gold tomorrow and let you know how he takes to them. But thank you, thank you, thank you to all the kind people who posted suggestions.
NetGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:43 PM   #2 
Scienceluvr8

Your welcome, well just continue only to feed him brine shrimp as a treat though, I am glad he's warming up to something, and I know he'll love the Hikari! :)
Scienceluvr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:47 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think Hikari is a good brand.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:00 PM   #4 
AngelicScars

Yeah, as said before brine shrimp is more of a treat and should be treated as so just like the bloodworms. The pellets are more of a daily food.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:01 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicScars View Post
Yeah, as said before brine shrimp is more of a treat and should be treated as so just like the bloodworms. The pellets are more of a daily food.

I agree.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 05:48 PM   #6 
NetGeek

Once again, I honestly can't thank you folks enough. Mr. Foosh turned his nose up at the Top Fin pellets for 3 days before I caved in. Your suggestion of Hikari pellets was bang on! He turned his nose up at them for a day, and I cleaned them out so that he knew that was all he was getting. Day 2 he decided to try one, and now he gobbles them up like they were Japanese Junk Food.

He is happy, and subsequently, I am happy. I will continue to give him bloodworms and brine shrimp as treats, but it definitely looks like we have the feeding regimen down pat.

And again, he is an absolute nutbar with the Ecplipse filter. He plays in the current constantly. He will swim into the current, roll over and let the current carry him across the tank, almost like body surfing. I will do my level best to try and get a picture of him for you folks.

Thanks again
NetGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:08 PM   #7 
IonBaller07

My girls will only eat Hakari pellets too, well that and the neons tropical flakes, the cories shrimp pellets, and the aquarium salt to cure ick. Shes only picky with her betta food?
IonBaller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:42 PM   #8 
TaraHanon

Glad your Mr. Foosh is eating. My Kiki is finally eating too. He won't eat flakes yet or pellets but he chowed down pretty good on some freeze dried blood worms. Which is good since he hasn't eaten since Saturday.
TaraHanon is offline   Reply With Quote