Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-18-2009, 01:53 PM   #21 
Ilovemyshiny

maybe the place youve bought your last few from has sick fish right now...maybe try to buy a fish from a different pet store this time?
Ilovemyshiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 07:02 PM   #22 
BBgirl

I don't heat it. I can't but we have a hot house all year long and the water stays warm with it. I keep a gallon jug of fish water ready at all times so I could cool it a little if I needed to but I don't because I know it's going to cool as the house does at night.

ilovemyshiny, Yes, when I took Jessie #5 back on the 4th day with Ich the manager agreed that I may have brought home a sick fish to begin with, it wasn't to likely that it would get ich here in a tank of his very own in just 3 1/2 days.

On the water change reply from yesterday I did only small changes of water until #5 got ich then I did the full water change hoping it would help. I know now it probably made it worse. I've learned a lot from our little Jessie 5 and from all of you who have helped me through this.

You all deserve to be step mommies and daddies to Jessie 6. I wish she would stop naming them Jessie. I think I'm gonna have to give him a secret name too. He's a dark blue with a little red in his front fins. Any ideas?

Last edited by BBgirl; 06-18-2009 at 07:13 PM. Reason: silly little spelling errors that bugged me
BBgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 07:03 PM   #23 
BBgirl

I have added a new betta friend to the household. I bought a filtered 2.65g aquarium today and a new male betta. He is kind of a rusty color redish brownish Very pretty but he doesn't seem to care for the filter current. His name is Rusty.

He does have something that makes me wonder if he is okay though. His top fin is curled at the end. They were all like that. He flares just fine. I pick a fish who is swimming in his cup and not lounging at the bottom or begging for air on top and then put the cup up next to another one who is looking the same and make sure they flare and then look closely at their fins. I think he's probably ok but I've never seen this before. Has anyone seen this before?
Old 06-19-2009, 07:35 PM   #24 
LiyahsGrandma

You may need a heater. Do ya have a thermometer?
LiyahsGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:29 PM   #25 
BBgirl

yes, both tanks have thermometrs.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:46 PM   #26 
bettamum

Help!!!!

HELP! Little Flounder is just sitting on the top and.....he too, looks like he's gasping for air. Today he looked a little bloated but I thought that was all in my mind until I saw someone else mention it.

What does this sound like and what should I do??
bettamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 12:19 AM   #27 
dr2b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBgirl View Post
yes, both tanks have thermometrs.
What is your water temp. setting at? Is it the normal range for bettas?
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 12:26 AM   #28 
BBgirl

They don't have heaters so their water fluctuates a little with the room temp but typically it's as low as 76 and as high as 82 in both tanks.

Bettamum, I hope Flounder is doing better today. Are his fins clamped close to his body? If so he's probably finding it too hard to swim and it could be a sign of illness. I think your best bet is to check http://www.bettatalk.com/betta_diseases.htm and see if anything seems to describe the symptoms you see.