1) You can tell if its a boy or girl easily by the fin length, males have long fins normally over 1/2" the females will have short ones close to their body, there are other ways but that is the easiest.
2) In a 1/2" gallon you cant fit any other fish or snails in it, you should really think about getting a bigger tank for the betta too, 2.5 gallons is recommended but 1 gallon should do.
3) Most feed them 2-3 pellets 2 times a day.
4) Breeding is very difficult with bettas and should not be attempted until you do ALOT of research. Males and females cant be housed together as they will kill each other and you will need at LEAST a 10 gallon to spawn them in.
5) Umm.... nothing except for I advise a bigger tank for your betta, preferably 2.5g and dont try breeding yet.
Good luck with the little guy they get very addicting, and nice name they sure do snap up all their food dont they