Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-14-2013, 12:51 AM   #1 
CTBettaLover

Growing lump between fins on belly

For the past 2 weeks I've notice a lump on my betta Stanley's belly right in between the two long fins that hang. I just noticed tonight that it's gotten big enough in the past few days, while I was out of town, that it has broken through his scales or stretched out between them. It looks like it's where his anus is but I can't tell. He keeps flaring at me so I think he doesn't feel well. I just got a dog and slacked on changing his water for almost a month but his tank is fully cycled with a heater and filter and I used Prime to neutralize any ammonia nitrites or nitrates. If anyone knows about lumps or tumor like this please help. I don't want my lil boy to die if there's something I can do to help him!
CTBettaLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:54 PM   #2 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Are you sure it's just not his stomach swelling from food?

Also, is it white or red or anything? Some pictures would help us out here :)
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote