Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-15-2013, 07:29 PM   #1 
EllaEcstasy7

Divided tank

Just thought that some of you may want to see my successfully new divided tank.

Haku is on the left with his castle and bamboo looking plant.
Pearl is in the middle with a beach look.
Rain is on the right with the blue and green surrounding him.
Attached Images

EllaEcstasy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:39 PM   #2 
Bombalurina

Do you find that the heat is circulating evenly? :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:06 PM   #3 
EllaEcstasy7

Yes. The water temp is about 80 degrees on all sides of the tank which is good. The only issue I'm having is with the filtration. I think I need to get a power filter or just a simple hang in filter. Right now I have a under gravel filter and its not doing very good.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:33 PM   #4 
Canis

Looks like we have the same filter and thermometer XD My filter isn't that great either, sadly. The air stone needs to be replaced way too often.
Canis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:42 PM   #5 
EllaEcstasy7

I'm planning on getting another filter and keeping both in there. I think it might help to have both. The water in the tank looks so bad today and its only been 1 day since I set up the tank.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:58 PM   #6 
wish4coner

Is that the Pennplax? Think that's the name. If it is, just a warning: I used it and made a nice tight fit--so I thought..even put stuff at the bottom. Well, the male on one side got in between the two "binder" things on the side and got into the other side. Thank God, they didn't kill each other. I got them in time. I ended up using some glass until I get some silicone. They are made so flimsy. The clips don't hold it tight enough. Just some knowledge, in case you didn't use silicone on the sides. Looks great, BTW.
wish4coner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:01 PM   #7 
EllaEcstasy7

They are Top fin dividers. Thanks though. I realized the same thing earlier. One of my males jumped in with the female and luckily I was home and caught it when it happened. Crazy fish :)

I will see about getting some silicone.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:30 PM   #8 
Backlash

Silicone is great to hold the dividers in place, but just be aware that even though the silicone will cure (go hard) in 24 hours, you will still have to leave it sit for a week for it to fully cure before you can refil the tank and re-introduce your fish..

ALSO, when buying your siliocone, you need to get one for glass, or more specifically for use on aquariums.. Many of the silicones that are listed for on glass in the bathroom and kitchen, contain an anti-mould addative that will kill your fish...
Backlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:21 PM   #9 
bannlow2471

This may not be an option for some people, or depending upon how many ways you are dividing it, but I have a divided 10 gallon that is home to my two female CTs, and I used the Lee's divider kit, but instead of using the mesh, I had a piece of plexiglass cut at Lowe's the same size as the mesh piece, and I am using that. It means that I have to operate both sides of the tank as though they were completely separate, meaning two separate filters and heaters for each half, but that doesn't bother me, and gives me much more piece of mind as to its sturdiness.
bannlow2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:12 PM   #10 
EllaEcstasy7

Thanks!! I was thinking about that too. I have my tank divided into 3. It's not easy keeping them apart when my female is so pretty. Both of my males are pervs lol :)