Betta Fish Forum banner

New betta wont eat!

3K views 39 replies 8 participants last post by  LiyahsGrandma 
#1 ·
hey, i just bought a beautiful white crowntail from petsmart. this is my second betta and i've had my other for about three months now and he's doing just fine. the problem is my new white one won't eat anything at all and spends a lot of time sitting on the bottom. he seems to look pretty normal and healthy and has started to swim around a little more (he's in a half gallon tank right now unfortunately, im going to buy him a two gallon like my other later this week) but he still refuses to eat. should i just wait a little while for him to get more acclimated to the tank or do yall think this could be more serious?

#33 ·
And bacteria!!! It's the main cause of dropsy

#37 ·
yeah it seems so, he's swimming a little more so i think he's feeling a bit better :)
i'm still supposed to medicate him two more days so maybe after that he'll be all better!
now i have to go to the store and get blood worms
i've spent more trying to keep him alive than i actually paid for him :p

#38 ·
i've spent more trying to keep him alive than i actually paid for him :p
That's always the case :lol: Unless you have obscenely expensive marine fish.

If you can get daphnia at your local shop feed him that coming off the med treatments. They should devour it as they would blood worms, but it is easier for them to digest, and after coming off of antibiotics their digestion is a bit off for a few days. Heavy foods like blood worms can make them bloated and constipated until their digestive tract returns to normal ( a couple days)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.