Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-13-2013, 08:58 PM   #11 
LittleBettaFish

Jodi-Lea the transhipper is so easy to deal with that it makes it worthwhile going on AB to find the right female. I have imported several fish through her (from AB) as well as purchased many more from her store. It has always been a very smooth and professional experience.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:03 PM   #12 
Nibblez

Was enquiring about shipping through Jodi-Lea, only problem now is the next shipment will be around late june, so there quite a while to go.
Nibblez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:11 PM   #13 
LittleBettaFish

Yeah. She just got a shipment in and I think only does one every 4 weeks or so. You can always ask the breeders to hold onto the fish. A couple have done that for me.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:19 PM   #14 
Nibblez

Would there be any problems in asking the breeders to hold on to the fish, would you have to arrange anything aside from telling the breeder to send it via that shipper specified by Jodi-Lea?
Nibblez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:33 PM   #15 
LittleBettaFish

Well the breeders I bought from have held for a couple weeks before. However, a month may be a stretch.

Have you asked if Jodi-Lea has anything in the country already to pair up with your male? She gets AB quality fish in and not every fish available is shown on her Youtube channel. You can always ask if she has any EE females in stock currently or has any coming out of quarantine next week.
Old 05-18-2013, 04:02 AM   #16 
Basement Bettas

Not to mention black is not a color for beginners. With the females being sterile it is not for faint of heart. Some blacks are real mellow and others are MTS.. meaner than sh#$. I have had to jar 7 week old fish.. males and females because they were tearing each other up.

I'd look for a HM female that was dark. Another copper black or even a nice royal/steel with a nice black layer under the irid. Hopefully you will then have black and blue type fish. A white will get you a mish mash of colors.
Basement Bettas is offline   Reply With Quote