Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-24-2009, 03:40 PM   #1 
BBgirl

Unhappy Another Jessie has left us

Jessie 6 died this morning and has been replaced by Jessie 7. It is very sad as I have become so attached to my fishies. My daughter probably won't notice the difference. 7 is the most absolutely majestic, beautiful betta yet.
He is so mixed in colors it's hard to describe but hes mostly blue and green with a little red and white. I will have to try to get pictures of my boys posted but I haven't been able to get a good shot.

He is a Petsmart fish like Rusty since every fish from Walmart has died within a week. Petco fish don't last long either. I would stick with your LFS or LPS like Petsmart. But that's just my experience.

Last edited by BBgirl; 06-24-2009 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something
BBgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:55 PM   #2 
Luchi

Awww, so sorry to hear about Jessie 6. =( Good luck on your new addition!
Luchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:03 PM   #3 
BBgirl

Thank you. I'll keep this thread updated. I was just watching Jessie 7 and he's eating even in his new home. He seems happy and looks healthy.
Rusty is doing well too so all is 8) cool right now. It's always sad to lose one though. I will be staying away from Walmart from now on though where it comes to my boys.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:05 PM   #4 
Vikki81207

I got Blue from Walmart, and surprisingly besides Aqua...he's been one of my healthiest bettas. I guess I got lucky. He's my boyfriends favorite. lol.
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:40 PM   #5 
TaraHanon

Sorry about your fishie... Wal Mart has a really bad rep for their fish. The one where I live is no longer allowed to sell fish. You can still get all the goods you need there, just not your fishies... Hopefully Jessie #7 will stay around awhile for you all to enjoy.
TaraHanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:56 PM   #6 
BBgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikki81207 View Post
I got Blue from Walmart, and surprisingly besides Aqua...he's been one of my healthiest bettas. I guess I got lucky. He's my boyfriends favorite. lol.
Or I just keep getting unlucky. lol I'm glad your boys are doing well.

Vikkie I think that since Walmart always leaves dead fish in the tanks rather than removing them and it seems that they come home sick and die from Ick in a few days they should not be allowed to carry live animals in there. Petsmart never has a dead fish in a tank (at least I haven't seen one).
Old 06-24-2009, 05:52 PM   #7 
neenjar

Sorry about Jessie 6, Good to hear 7 is doing well! My petsmart gets a few dead ones in tank some times, but they scoop them out quick. I would never buy a fish from their tanks since I have a great LFS pretty close. The petsmart bettas are usually in bad shape. I have never seen a dead one, but most of them just lay there lathargic in their little cups.

Ironicaly I bought Zeus at petsmart, he waas so active and healthy looking, a stand out on the crowded shelf. I checked him out for about a half hour carrying him with me as I walked around and got the tank and such. I was planning on buying betta online, but he just kept saying take me home.
neenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 05:55 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so sorry about Jessie6. I'm glad your others are doing well.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:06 PM   #9 
dr2b

Aw I'm sorry to hear about Jessie 6. I hope things with Jessie 7 continue to go well.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:35 PM   #10 
LiyahsGrandma

Sorry for your loss
LiyahsGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote