betta fish

Old 06-25-2009, 09:09 AM   #21 
Luchi

Hope Merlin gets better! :]
Luchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:15 AM   #22 
Vikki81207

Thanks you guys! =D
Makes me feel better. He still seems to have the white stuff, but I'm working on it. Probably gonna go get some bacterial meds soon if this isn't working. But I'm hoping he'll be just fine.
He's still energetic and eating, well he like attacks his pellets before he eats them, but he still eats. He doesn't seem affected by it, like he's normal, I just don't like that hanging from him. Because if it is columnaris, the advanced stages dont look pretty. *sigh*
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:32 AM   #23 
3bangdoos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikki81207 View Post
Thanks you guys! =D
Makes me feel better. He still seems to have the white stuff, but I'm working on it. Probably gonna go get some bacterial meds soon if this isn't working. But I'm hoping he'll be just fine.
He's still energetic and eating, well he like attacks his pellets before he eats them, but he still eats. He doesn't seem affected by it, like he's normal, I just don't like that hanging from him. Because if it is columnaris, the advanced stages dont look pretty. *sigh*
Any chance you could post some pics, just to see if someone who could have been in the same boat could offer assistance?
3bangdoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:36 AM   #24 
Vikki81207

I could but there's such a small amount right now, you cant see it. I tried taking pics. I guess you could say it's not progressing & it goes away during the day...but it's back in the morning when I wake up. Here's the page I was looking at that made my conclusion its columnaris.

http://freshaquarium.about.com/cs/di...columnaris.htm

Alot of it is similar.

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Owner/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]

here's what somones betta looked like in the advanced stage. Yucky
Old 06-25-2009, 10:42 AM   #25 
3bangdoos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikki81207 View Post
I could but there's such a small amount right now, you cant see it. I tried taking pics. I guess you could say it's not progressing & it goes away during the day...but it's back in the morning when I wake up. Here's the page I was looking at that made my conclusion its columnaris.

http://freshaquarium.about.com/cs/di...columnaris.htm

Alot of it is similar.

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Owner/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]

here's what somones betta looked like in the advanced stage. Yucky
WHOA!! You had me have my heart in my mouth with that pix; I thought that was Merlin!! Thank goodness for little mercies!! I would hate to see anyone's fish in THAT stage
3bangdoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:45 AM   #26 
Vikki81207

Yeah that's why I'm treating him now. It's so scary to know that if I hadn't noticed, Merlin would be looking like that soon.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:38 PM   #27 
Vikki81207

Kay so I got API eryhtomycin today and I'm gonna treat Merlin with that and Betta fix. I'm also giving everyone but Aqua a salt bath. So I'll keep everyone updated.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:42 PM   #28 
Luchi

Good luck! The salt bath really stopped the progression of my fish's illness. Hope you have great results. GO MERLIN!!!
Luchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:50 PM   #29 
neenjar

Best luck on the treatment. I'd say keep us posted, but we already know you will!

Definitely start with the salt bath, they do wonders most if the time, especially when caught early. I think you nailed the diagnosis if that is what it looks like.

Wishing Merlin a speedy recovery! he is far to pretty to be sick.
neenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:43 PM   #30 
Vikki81207

Okay, so I did the salt bath and they seem fine. Merlin's a little shook up from being moved so much, but he'll be okay.
Well I found out what caused Merlin to get sick. First off it started with the stress from being shipped. Then I ended up putting him in a tank split with Blue....and I guess that USA fish and Thailand fish have different immunities. So he somehow caught it from being with Blue. Ugh. So Merlin has to be in his own tank, so I've got him in the 1 gallon now, until I can get a bigger tank.
But on the bright side, I've got an extra side in a ten gallon...I can get another betta if I want, lol. I might get another female, dunno. Anywho, I'm about to get offa here. Going camping tonight. Leaving my babies all night is going to kill me. *sigh* ttyl guys.