Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-18-2013, 01:58 AM   #51 
Agility4fun

Bullied Guppy

One of our guppies was really bullied by his lyretail tank mates, so I pulled him out and put him into the shrimp tank. He looked awful and I thought he'd be dead the next day for sure. It's now 3 days later and he's hangin' in. He flutters a lot, sometimes at the top and sometimes at the bottom, but then he swims around a bit.

Need your advice about whether I keep him in the shrimp tank (2.65g) or try him again with his mates. If it's the former, do I get him a school pal?
Agility4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:56 AM   #52 
Chevko

Where to put him is totally up to you. It sounds like he has a really bad time in the main tank - is it just the lyretail? You could try removing the lyretail to get him to stop. We had a bully guppy and wound up having to remove him and return him to PetCo because he was harassing [i]everyone[i]. Removed him from the tank and everyone was peachy.
Chevko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:21 PM   #53 
Emma29

Pregnant guppy?

Hi I need some help with my female guppy. She is very Large in the stomache bigger than the rest most if the day she has a very black spot but then sometimes this looks very red with little black dots. I've put her in a breeding box just incase is this a wise move or not someone please help. Thank you for reading.
Emma29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:25 PM   #54 
Chevko

I would suggest pics if you have them. It sounds like she might have kids soon. Has she ever, ever been housed with males?

Edit: I take that back. Pics please, especially since it's just today. Sounds like she might have fry or she might have overeaten somehow.
Chevko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:18 AM   #55 
Emma29

Smile Guppie

Hi I'm not sure how to put photos on here I'm new. Yes she lives with a male I have three female an one male but on that note I only got them last week but my other female gave birth three days after we bought her I only managed to save 8 of the baby's as I didn't know she was pregnant. The baby's are in separate tank and doing really well. Thanks for ur reply.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:15 AM   #56 
Emma29

Here is pic of my female guppy not very clear I'm sorry best I could do. She doesn't seem very active in breeding box just stayin near the bottom she keeps doin a shakin movement an breathing different every now and again xx
Attached Images

Old 05-19-2013, 04:16 AM   #57 
Emma29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma29 View Post
Here is pic of my female guppy not very clear I'm sorry best I could do. She doesn't seem very active in breeding box just stayin near the bottom she keeps doin a shakin movement an breathing different every now and again xx
Here is another pic xx
Attached Images

Old 05-19-2013, 06:19 AM   #58 
Emma29

This is how they look now bout half an hour later the spot is very black again I'm very confused.
Attached Images

Old 05-19-2013, 06:20 AM   #59 
Emma29

And this is my other one also very black now again
Attached Images

Old 05-19-2013, 10:00 AM   #60 
crowntaillove3

Hmmm... Those girls look a lot like mine did when she was about 2 weeks pregnant. My girl is now four weeks pregnant (babies are due TODAY!!!) and it is obvious that she is expecting. You probably don't need a breeding cage quite yet; maybe in one or two weeks, you can put them in. For now, though, just keep an eye on them. Good luck!

One a different note... MY GUPPY IS DUE TODAY!!!!! OMGosh, I don't know what to do. Well, I do; I'm just soooo happy! Today, I saw her at the top of the tank with her anal and dorsal fins tucked in real tight against her body and she looked like she was pushing!!! No babies came out, though. After about 15 seconds, she decided that it wasn't going to work. These are some pics taken two days ago:

Name:  DSC02114.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  36.9 KB

Name:  DSC02106.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  30.7 KB

And one of the snail!

Name:  DSC02107.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  36.9 KB

Let me know what you guys think!
crowntaillove3 is offline   Reply With Quote