Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-28-2009, 03:44 PM   #11 
dramaqueen
Banned

ok, here's what I do. Since the tank is too heavy to carry, I get a bucket and a clean plastic cup. I use the cup to dip the water out and pour it into the bucket.Then I carry the bucket into the bathroom and dump the water. I do partial changes once a week and full changes once a month. Also, use a gravel vac or turkey baster to get the debris off the bottom. You can leave the fish in the tank while doing partials. I remove 50% of the water. Once a month I remove the fish and put him in a gladware container, dip out enough water to make the tank light enough to carry to the bathroom and dump the remaining water out. Then I take out rocks and decorations and rinse them thoroughly with hot water. Then I rinse the tank well with hot water in the tub. Then I put everything back in the tank, put the clean, conditioned water in and put the fish back in. Hope this helps.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 03:50 PM   #12 
Wed

it does! thanks!

i have the tank in my room and the restroom is close by so i guess dats where i'll do my changes from now on!..used to be the kitchen sink lol.

another quick questions..the tank has a built in light and if i turn it on during the day i guess it causes a reflection and Ren jus stays put flaring at himself for a long while. i think i heard too much flaring can cause stress? he doesnt do it too much at night but ive noticed today since i turned on his light hes been stuck in the corner just flaring haha
Wed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 04:02 PM   #13 
dramaqueen
Banned

If you get enough daylight in the room you really don't need the light on during the day. I have a little one gallon for one of mine and I turn it on for a few hours in the evenings. Don't worry, he won't flare himself to death. lol You could cover the side that shows his reflection with paper or something so he won't see his reflection.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:28 PM   #14 
Wed

bahahaha ok :D

the tank came with like the paper with 2 sided backgrounds but it seems like it jus caused more reflection so i didnt put it up. i'll try again :)

thanks for all the help!
Wed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 05:29 PM   #15 
dramaqueen
Banned

You're welcome.