Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-19-2013, 04:11 AM   #1 
Flapmon

Clamped fins.

We're moving tomorrow so today we removed rocks and the tiny plastic plants from my betta's tanks which left the bigger ones for them to rest on as well as the live plants.

I've been watching them and I've noticed the girls are acting funny, Amethyst isn't very active. She's also showing stress stripes and clamped fins, Cinderella has some type of clamped fin but she's a little more active and it's hard to tell if she's showing stress lines since she's white.

We're downsizing them again tomorrow so they're easier to travel with.
Is there anything we can do to help them while traveling? Or help them now? I'm just freaking out. ;-;
Flapmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:46 AM   #2 
Laki

I don;t know except to keep the water as warm as possible and keep them somewhere like a closed box with air holes so they can't see anything. The member TikiBirds here travelled across country with all her bettas maybe she can offer advice?
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:44 AM   #3 
Flapmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
I don;t know except to keep the water as warm as possible and keep them somewhere like a closed box with air holes so they can't see anything. The member TikiBirds here travelled across country with all her bettas maybe she can offer advice?
We ended up putting them into smaller jars and into a crate with towels wrapped around them so they can't see a thing. Whenever we stop we pull them out to open their lids to give them air. Some are coping others aren't with prominent stress lines and loss of colour. I plan on filling the crate with water and putting a heater in when we stop off for a few days as well as adding a small dosage of aquarium salt.
Flapmon is offline   Reply With Quote