Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-28-2009, 12:27 PM   #1 
MrHurricane

Unhappy 2 victims in 24 hours...

ok here is sad news...

so i bought my beautiful Aria the other day with intentions of having a little sorority.Instead i decided to rather have 1 female with a few tank mates...(enter the little innocent guppies)...

after seeing how emtpy my 30L tank looked with only her in it i wen to the petshop o collect the other 2 males i had ordered..i saw some really funky looking guppies(male)..now the one male betta i bought was in the tank with all the female guppies and i asked the guy if it was ok?he said yeah no hassels..so i went and got 4 male guppies to swim with my female betta..1st night went really well...2nd night seemed to take a turn for the worst...she got hold of one and killed the poor guy.....

and now ..well alas she died last night..only after trying to take out another guppy..im not too dissapointed with her death as i believe you get what you give(she took a-life thus her life was numbered)..i know it sounds crewl sorry...

I just wanna know thou..could her death been caused by the guppies perhaps attacking back and protecting themselves?Her eyes were white?and she did seem that her tail was nipped at?
MrHurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:34 PM   #2 
PrettyPrince

thats so sad, but i'm new with fish. maby something was wrong with her, i heard that bettas get along with guppies, could she have had some sickness that made her attack them? and later killed her?
PrettyPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:44 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

Bettas are territorial and imo, thats why the guppies got attacked. If she looked beaten up, it could be that she died from injuries. I'm sorry you lost your fish.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:14 PM   #4 
The Amazonian Trio

Me too, I grew up with a Betta who shared a tank with Guppies and he even had his own little section that was divided at one point.
The Amazonian Trio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:55 AM   #5 
MrHurricane

ok so now this morning yet another guppy was found um..packed up and ready to leave... im now seriously convinced something is in that tank..only 2 guppies left in there so ill leave them alone and see wat happens...im thinking its in the water?i pretreat all my water for the tanks well in advanced for emergency cases,i've double dosed a few bottles so far just in case the water was faulty.

if these last 2 guppys also leave then ill redo the entire setup and have it deived for 2 of the male bettas.

thanks guys and gals :)
MrHurricane is offline   Reply With Quote