Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-19-2013, 07:03 PM   #1 
BetterBetta22

Doing your research pays off

So I've gone into my local petco a few times and I can usually find a mismarked betta vt in ct cup etc and I try to be a nice person and polietly bring it to the attention of whomever happens to be working and I have to say 98% of the time ive either been met with extreme rudeness or hostility, I have had a manager tell me in a very rude tone... Well we just stock them in the containers there shipped in and turn and walk off! Most of the time my discoveries would have saved them money so I just blew it off... Yesterday I went to petco after not going for quite some time and I found two VT in halfmoon cups about an 8 dollar difference *smh* and I noticed a new worker.. Well she was very thankful to me and changed there cups then and there and when I told her what the manager had said about them coming pre-labeled she said that isn't the case at all!! They come in plastic bags and they put them in whatever cups they think they go in... Well jezz what was the point of lying to me I was trying to help! I also noticed while I was there that they had started to carry elephant ear betta for 19.99 and had to keep myself from buying one.... Today I went back and lo and behold the lying lady is working and she gives me a dirty look as I turn to walk away I see a lone betta cup marked Delta (7.49) and kneel down to look inside and BAM karma repays me for my kindness because nestled inside is a beautiful blue elephant ear... Well guess who came home with him for more then half price!!
BetterBetta22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:56 PM   #2 
Sena Hansler

Karma. Can be a b---, but yet can do so much for you...
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:03 PM   #3 
registereduser

I was told by a Petco manager that whatever the LID says is what they charge you. Which is so stupid cuz anyone can change lids around!

Keep an eye on those lids kids!
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:06 PM   #4 
Sena Hansler

Places here have the lids and side of the containers labelled. However I did get an HM from a DeT cup... Also a dragonscale as a "regular HM"...
Old 05-19-2013, 10:08 PM   #5 
registereduser

I got Jackson (in avatar) for the HMPK price yet he is obviously a big ear.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:13 PM   #6 
Sena Hansler

Most HMPK here are like... 35.00. Unless petsmart gets smart and gets them in. Then maybe 30.00
Old 05-19-2013, 11:48 PM   #7 
BetterBetta22

I will try to post a picture when he's settled ... It's happy and sad at the same time watching them explore there new tank because you realize that like a puppy mill dog has never felt grass on there feet these betta only know life in tiny cup
Old 05-20-2013, 12:25 AM   #8 
BetterBetta22

Here he is
Old 05-20-2013, 07:36 AM   #9 
Sena Hansler

Oooh, he has some attitude... It is true. Both my parent's dogs are rescues from an SPCA. One is an old breeder, dumped after being used, her pups taken, then in the shelter she was spayed, and alone. THAT was a lot of shock for her. The other was a sraggly runaway, who was a "breeder's" pupaka mill pup. Deformed jaw and all... I would not breed dogs, even if it was the only job left on this planet. -.-

Also why breeding fish is so important. I expect nothing but hardy fry, and preferably to sell it on AB, BettaShoppe, or here because I know you guys take care of your fish!