Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-19-2013, 02:10 AM   #51 
Ghostery

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Okay the Betta Relax looks kind of like a Vita-chem, which would be fine but it not necessary at the moment.

Instead of buying sand, plants and other decoration, the first thing you need is conditioner, otherwise you're just going to keep having problems with your fish. I know it doesn't seem like it at first, especially with the way Betta's are so mis-marketed but fish keeping is going to run you a lot of money.

The 6 is going to be great for Anon at the moment, but as MattsBettas said, you need to age your water for at least 24 hours, 48 hours is better though. So as we have instructed, just get a big bucket, fill it with water and let it set for a day or two. This is going to be the best thing you can do for them right now.

You can put Anon into the 6 gallon with aged tap water but you need to keep up with water changes if you want him to stay healthy or get that conditioner, there are just no two ways about it.

As far as King's tail type, he could be a super Delta but I would need to see him flare to see exactly what tail type he is.

And back to putting them in the divided tank, only after King's spots go away because you don't want to infect Anon either unless you have a glass divider that you are going to silicon into the tank which then would make it act as two separate tanks in which you would need two filters and two heaters to work properly. So I think it's best if you don't put them in the tank together yet until King is fully healed and you know you're not going to loose another fish.
But-but- King's in there with a parasite-infected goldfish, around 8~10 chilchids and plus, 6 new goldfish that my dad bought ytd when he went to the pet store with me. (and after seeing the size of tanks, I concluded that that tank is around 25~30g or more) sorry with the mistake about the size of tanks. Wow what a huge difference that makes @@

And i've put aged water into the tank already, that water has been sitting in a water tank for like, 5~7days (absolutely clean, no soap), i already cut the divider and put it in, installed the filter and everything. all that's left is to decide when to put in the fish.
Ghostery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:03 PM   #52 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Go ahead and let the 6 gallon run and you can put Anon in it, make sure to keep an eye on the ammonia to make sure it doesn't go up too high.

King should go back into the .5 gallon then if the goldfish is infected O.O
And Cichlids are no good with Betta's if they aren't Rams or Apisto's (which can still be very aggressive). If you want to keep him warm, you can clip the .5 gallon tank to the bigger tank to keep him warm but to keep him out of the parasite infected tank but also to not infect Anon.

Two infected Betta's is harder to care for than one! Any new updates on the black spots?
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:45 AM   #53 
Ghostery

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Go ahead and let the 6 gallon run and you can put Anon in it, make sure to keep an eye on the ammonia to make sure it doesn't go up too high.

King should go back into the .5 gallon then if the goldfish is infected O.O
And Cichlids are no good with Betta's if they aren't Rams or Apisto's (which can still be very aggressive). If you want to keep him warm, you can clip the .5 gallon tank to the bigger tank to keep him warm but to keep him out of the parasite infected tank but also to not infect Anon.

Two infected Betta's is harder to care for than one! Any new updates on the black spots?
So my mom told me to stop worrying so much cuz the more I worry the worse it would become so I just put the two of them in the divided tank.
I also bought some Epsom salt in case of any emergencies.

King's spots are still there and I still have no idea what they are, but his head has seemed to turn darker and the spots blending in with the head color.
Plus I'm suspecting something else-- Maybe King has Marbling genes??
Here are some pics I took:

A week ago (Tuesday)

Yesterday

It may just be a lighting problem? But he is starting to become redder around the Anal/ Caudal Fins... and his body is darker than when I 1st bought him... In any case, he's becoming darker all over (including his head which is blackening/greyening /indigo-ening)
My mom was the 1st to notice it, I thought it was just the lighting problem but...

Edit: I just went downstairs to look at him again, and notice that the areas which used to be white, now have a tint of light blue. kinda like the blue is "spreading" from his body/fins :P

Last edited by Ghostery; 05-20-2013 at 11:51 AM. Reason: updated info
Ghostery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:06 PM   #54 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

He may have some marble gene but it sounds more like he was just stressed before and is a bit happier now. When Betta's get sick or stressed they lose their color, you see in the first picture where you see a little white line running from his eye and back to his gill? When he's fully colored up, you shouldn't see that. He'll either be all black head or he could have some blue iridescence on his head but in certain lights it will still look black.

There is a possibility that those black spots are just his pigment and then you saw them when his colors faded because he was stressed. When his head turns darker, his color is returning and he doesn't feel as stressed, if that makes sense.

I agree, you shouldn't be too worried since it does create more panic than is necessary and you've certainly been through a lot with these guys anyway! But just always keep an eye on him, take pictures when you can so you can mark his progress if you like, same with Anon :)

If he does completely marble, he'll definitely be an amazing change but so far it just looks like he's coloring up finally since none of his pattern has changed :)
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote