Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-20-2013, 05:36 PM   #1 
Hihihixo

What to do?

Ok I didn't know where to put this lol. So I have a tank which is inside a larger tank, which is how my female betta and male betta are separated ( by the glass ) yeah yeah yeah I know male bettas don't like company but all he does is just swim around her and her fins aren't clamped and she's not showing any signs that she's stressed around him cause all he does is just swim back an forth around her too ( no longer trying to get at the glass ) alongside the smaller tank he is making a bubble nest. Each time I clean out the water, it becomes thicker... So is he just happy, or is he ready to mate because he sees her? Or do I just leave it alone and let him just keep making it over and over lol? :)
Hihihixo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:38 PM   #2 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

He's ready to mate because he see's her. Watch out for her though, there is a chance that she could become Egg-bound if she isn't in optimal health. Generally though, it's not a great idea to keep them like that unless you plan to breed, it can cause stress on both of them to see each other constantly. But that's just my two cents.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:44 PM   #3 
Hihihixo

Ok but I'm not an expert on like breeding them, and I don't want him to hurt her if she's ready to breed yet, and I really have no clue lol , so if I move her out of the tank , should I still just leave the nest alone?

Last edited by Hihihixo; 05-20-2013 at 05:50 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:50 PM   #4 
Hihihixo

Ok but I'm not an expert on like breeding them, and I don't want him to hurt her if she's ready to breed yet, and I really have no clue lol , so if I move her out of the tank , should I still just leave the nest alone?
Old 05-20-2013, 05:59 PM   #5 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh yeah, yeah, no don't put them together or anything! Breeding takes a lot of know-how and a lot of money.

Male Betta's will create bubble nests no matter what, it's just nature. But he's stimulated by her and he really wants to mate (but please don't, it's not healthy if you don't know what you're doing) You can destroy the nests and he'll still make more, it's just what they do. But I do think you should just take his tank out, get a new heater to heat his tank. It's going to save you time and a lot of frustrated stressed out Betta's.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:06 PM   #6 
Hihihixo

Will do. Thanks!
Old 05-20-2013, 06:07 PM   #7 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Not a problem :D