Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-02-2009, 01:17 PM   #41 
Mitsufishi

0oo we a couple RBs at the shop!

Also, What do u recommend I use to but earl in for his salt bath? I cant figure out how much water a gallon is... so what do u think is something good to put him in for his salt bath. I dont have any other tanks or anything
Mitsufishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 02:06 PM   #42 
neenjar

go to the grocery store, buy a gallon of water, empty it out. fill it, condition it, put it in your treatment container. make a mark on the outside of the treatment container for what a gallon is :)

RB's and the 2JZ's are probably 2 of the best engineered motors ever made. Both capable of over 900 crank HP on stock bottom end, talk about over engineered.

My craze recently has been drifting. The art of slideways. I'm thinking about picking up a 180sx or old corolla that is a beater, fixing it up just enough that it is not a rust bucket and learn the art myself.

I do RC (radio control) drifting already, I came in 2nd in the points event in the last competition down here.
neenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 02:15 PM   #43 
Mitsufishi

Wow... lol im a tard! I just cant really find anything big enough around the house to use as his treatment container.
Here is a video of our dsm

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/9...DSM_681582.htm

Here is a video of a 240 w a rb26 thats in the shop as well (dont know how u feel about these, but figured i would show u)- The tuner "ANDREI" is my boss, great guy!

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/U...rts_183088.htm
Old 07-02-2009, 02:21 PM   #44 
Synthisis

Ah, the world of DSM's.

Walk crank, walk
Synthisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 02:33 PM   #45 
Mitsufishi

Who needs a dog when u can walk your crank right?!?

Thats y we keep a betta! :P
Old 07-02-2009, 02:52 PM   #46 
Angelmonster

Hoenstly don't worry about it. Try not to let it happen again but I think mostly everyone has had a betta with a torn fin.

Just do the salt bath like mentioned above and add some salt to the tank every time you clean it until it is fully healed

Betta have probably the more delicate fins, atleast to my knowledge. just accidentally getting it caught in a siphon can rip some of them
Angelmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:02 PM   #47 
Mitsufishi

So total ill be usinf Stress Coat as my conditioner
Bettafix as the med
and a pinch of salt as a "healer" all at the same time
Old 07-02-2009, 03:27 PM   #48 
neenjar

Your DSM is sweet! The 1g's don't crank walk as bad as the 2g's though :) Holy giant turbo! why not ball bearing?

Now that 240... mmmmmmm. The body kit is a bit much for me. I really like the s15 chassis as is, maybe some mild side skirts and a small lip in the front and rear. beautiful blue, close to what my MSP was. The exhaust note from the dyno pulls however. /drool

If you do not have a large enough container for a gallon of water, do what i said with a gallon form the grocery store. drain it, fill it with tap water, add the tsp of salt (already dissolved, i use a shot glass to dissolve), add the water treatment, mix well then fill your smaller container with the salt bath mixture ;)

Last edited by neenjar; 07-02-2009 at 03:35 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:32 PM   #49 
neenjar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsufishi View Post
So total ill be usinf Stress Coat as my conditioner
Bettafix as the med
and a pinch of salt as a "healer" all at the same time
Sounds great! when he is all better you can use a few drops of bettafix and a pinch of salt every water change too as precautionary measures.

Don't forget your daily salt bath's until he shows definite signs of healing, then you can stop with them and let him finish healing in his home.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:40 PM   #50 
Mitsufishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by neenjar View Post
Your DSM is sweet! The 1g's don't crank walk as bad as the 2g's though :) Holy giant turbo! why not ball bearing?

Now that 240... mmmmmmm. The body kit is a bit much for me. I really like the s15 chassis as is, maybe some mild side skirts and a small lip in the front and rear. beautiful blue, close to what my MSP was. The exhaust note from the dyno pulls however. /drool

If you do not have a large enough container for a gallon of water, do what i said with a gallon form the grocery store. drain it, fill it with tap water, add the tsp of salt (already dissolved, i use a shot glass to dissolve), add the water treatment, mix well then fill your smaller container with the salt bath mixture ;)
Welp...we werent concerned about the BB or Not thats just how we picked this one up. We can make anything work! WE were running 10.0 on a stcok head stock block and stock AUTO tranny we pulled from the junkyard on just a 60-1!

I never cared for the body kit on the car either, but over all its still pretty sweet!

I plan on leaving work in 30 mins and heading straight there! I wish i wouldve thought logically about filling up the gallon! LOL i think i was tooooo in shock about my poor earl! Earl- names after the BEST "AN" fittings in the world!