Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-19-2013, 06:44 PM   #11 
Bombalurina

I'm also noticing a trend for watery critters - living in Australia I'm not massively keen on jellyfish. No sensible person goes in the coastal waters of QLD during the summer (sharks and estuarine crocodiles are a worry, but box jellyfish are my big fear there).

I get a little panicky when I'm in deep, dark water where I can't see the bottom. I'm an excellent swimmer and it's not drowning I'm scared of - I just hate not being able to see what's beneath me.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:59 AM   #12 
Freyja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightNite View Post
BUGS!!! Specifically cockroaches or water bugs *shudders* Once one got on me and it freaked me out! Totally an irrational fear.

My other fear is Sharks, but I guess that is pretty typical. Not all sharks, just the ones that think humans are yummy.... I still would love to learn to surf but but the thing with sharks kind of burns in the back of my mind when I swim far out in the Ocean.
Then you arent afraid of any shark, as no shark has humans on their menu, so to speak, though they may confuse a surfer with a seal, which is natural prey.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:44 AM   #13 
TurtleBarb

I'm afraid of spiders, although that is starting to heal now that I've figured out the source. I'm afraid of bees and wasps because I'm allergic and they could kill me. And ticks, because of the Lyme, Erlichia and Anaplasma they carry. I'm afraid of really high heights.
TurtleBarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:56 PM   #14 
SnowySurface

I think it is rational to be afraid of heights. It's not like humans are designed to fly and falling hurts. But it's irrational to freak out at the bottom of a ladder since my feet are still on the ground. XD

If stairs are steepe and have no railing, I can't go up and down them. I also don't do well with bridges. If the bridge is stable I can cross it. but if it's swaying back and forwards I get stuck. T_T
SnowySurface is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #15 
pittipuppylove

There's not too much that I'd really say I'm afraid of... I'm not all that fond of bugs and creepy crawlies so long as they don't sneak up on me - though I love snakes and reptiles. Heights don't bother me, within reason. But I really dislike human contact from people I don't know well, which means that I tend to avoid people who are really touchy-feely and like to give hugs for random reasons. My social anxiety makes it so I dread talking to new people in person or on the phone more than anything (although I'm getting over the phone part because I have to make calls at work).

Neptune, I hadn't heard about the tornado in Parkersberg - I hope everyone's ok! That's only a little over half an hour southwest of where I go to school in Waverly, IA - close to Waterloo... We got some of the crazy storms here as well and lost several big branches off of some trees, but no major damage. The joys of living in the Midwest - think we're over last year's drought yet?
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:18 PM   #16 
Lights106

I am scared of tornados too, but I live in Utah so the chances are beyond slim. We can get them but its an extreme freak weather storm. But any weird colored clouds, I eye them till they are gone. Doesn't help that any nightmares that I have are of tornados.
But my biggest fear is the pending earthquake in Utah that is supposed to happen. And if it does, that I'm not with my son. We live about an 1/16 mile away from the actual fault line. Love Utah, but I'm terrified of living here.
Lights106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:22 PM   #17 
iL0VEBettas

I'm scared of clowns! Everything about them scares me! D:
Ahhhhh those pale white face with big red nose and heavy makeup!!!
iL0VEBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:30 PM   #18 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Most bugsand spiders don't scare me at all... Daddy long legs (harvestmen) terrify me though. Ugh. I don't even know why, they do not bite or attack humans, ever. There's just something about them that bothers me.

I hate hights but if I need to do something that involves them I will get over it.

Definatly not fond of germs, or rather what they can do to you.

Sharks, spiders, clowns, storms, etc don't bother me.

Last edited by MattsBettas; 05-21-2013 at 09:33 PM.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:32 PM   #19 
Skyewillow

I can't even stand on a step-stool without shaking really bad.

I'm not afraid of cockroaches, I hate them, and crickets. lol
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:58 PM   #20 
NeptunesMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittipuppylove View Post
There's not too much that I'd really say I'm afraid of... I'm not all that fond of bugs and creepy crawlies so long as they don't sneak up on me - though I love snakes and reptiles. Heights don't bother me, within reason. But I really dislike human contact from people I don't know well, which means that I tend to avoid people who are really touchy-feely and like to give hugs for random reasons. My social anxiety makes it so I dread talking to new people in person or on the phone more than anything (although I'm getting over the phone part because I have to make calls at work).

Neptune, I hadn't heard about the tornado in Parkersberg - I hope everyone's ok! That's only a little over half an hour southwest of where I go to school in Waverly, IA - close to Waterloo... We got some of the crazy storms here as well and lost several big branches off of some trees, but no major damage. The joys of living in the Midwest - think we're over last year's drought yet?
The Parkersburg tornado was an F5 in 2008. It destroyed part of the town. I had a friend driving on Highway 20 from Iowa Falls to Waterloo. I called to warn her that there was a tornado heading towards Waterloo and she said, "yep, I see it. I'm driving next to it and it looks really bad." I was freaking out and she was really calm. She still is really calm about tornadoes. In 2011, I was at her house (just north of Ames) and the sirens went off around midnight. She jumped in the car to go watch the storm. I was freaking out and crying. I don't know how well you know central Iowa but, I live just south (like maybe 5 miles) of the tornado that hit between Dallas Center and Grimes on Sunday. Then the funnel cloud that was in Ankeny yesterday went over my cousins house.
NeptunesMom is offline   Reply With Quote