Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
View Poll Results: What is your favorite fin type?
Halfmoon 12 17.65%
Delta 2 2.94%
Super delta 0 0%
Spade 4 5.88%
Crowntail 2 2.94%
Pla kat 2 2.94%
Halfmoon plakat 17 25.00%
Giant (not technically fin type, but you know...) 1 1.47%
Double tail 5 7.35%
Veiltail 17 25.00%
A combination (please explain) 3 4.41%
Other (please explain) 3 4.41%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-26-2013, 10:20 AM   #41 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Lol you sound a bit like me^ I only own one vt at the moment because I am not breeding them (if I find that one vt with the full fins and nice color and stuff I have thought about introducing dragonscale or something like that). I love them all,but I have to disagree with you on the double tails hahaha! Sorry!
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:14 PM   #42 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Three more votes until 50!
Old 03-27-2013, 08:30 PM   #43 
bettalover2000

I like a lot of tail types, I like VT, CT, HM, and many others. I don't really pay attention to tail as much as color, I see some very pretty colored bettas in Petco, but sometimes I hardly see their fins because they're ripped & rotted & blegh. :(
I voted CT. :)
bettalover2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:23 AM   #44 
Jams

Double tail hafmoons are my favorite, however I also adore veiltails.
Jams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:42 PM   #45 
jakesmom

I voted other because I really like rosetail. I know they are extensive hm's but they are soooo pretty and soothing to watch. I am trying to purchase one now but can't find them, any ideas as to breeders?
jakesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:54 AM   #46 
Riverotter

I love veils. My daughter's favorite are crowntails, she has a little pet female who we love, but the males - I just want to give them something to fix their tails, lol. Here, we'll mend that sweetie. My daughter wants to save up for a really nice crowntail male.

I'd rather keep females then plakats, but some of the HMPKs really tempt me because of the colors.
A lot of the other tails just seem heavy and overdone to me. A well-balanced half-moon is a beautiful, beautiful thing, but often they have very heavy ventrals or don't swim well when you see them in person. ;) A betta doesn't flare all the time.

Personally, I think that veiltails WOULD sell if people bothered to try. Look at all the interest Darth got when he put up a thread about breeding his.
The only one on Aquabid who puts any effort into it is Chard56 ( ;) and one day, I'll have some of his ... one day). Although today I saw an ad from a Thai breeder for the first time.

Maybe if more folks put up some ads like this; http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...svt&1369481582
they'd find there was a lot more interest. But how often do you see a nice ad like that?

As long as serious breeders keep them their "dirty little secret", downplay their interest, never advertise them, etc, then of course they won't sell many! Because the poll does show that the interest is there, but for some reason, folks feel like they have to justify that these are their favorites.
Riverotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:02 AM   #47 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

My favorite, personally, is hmpk... For so many reasons. Veiltails, well, not only are there issues with selling them, they just aren't attractive to me. In the end, I am the breeder and that is my choice... If bred well though, veiltails can certainly be beautiful. To each their own!

jakesmom, try aquabid or keep an eye out at the lfs. Please, please do not intentionally breed rosetails.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:32 AM   #48 
jakesmom

I have no intention of trying to breed a rose tail or actually do any breeding but I can certainly appreciate the beautiful anomalies that are produced. thanks so much for your help.
jakesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:01 AM   #49 
Catw0man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverotter View Post
Personally, I think that veiltails WOULD sell if people bothered to try. Look at all the interest Darth got when he put up a thread about breeding his.
The only one on Aquabid who puts any effort into it is Chard56 ( ;) and one day, I'll have some of his ... one day). Although today I saw an ad from a Thai breeder for the first time.

Maybe if more folks put up some ads like this; http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...svt&1369481582
they'd find there was a lot more interest. But how often do you see a nice ad like that?

As long as serious breeders keep them their "dirty little secret", downplay their interest, never advertise them, etc, then of course they won't sell many! Because the poll does show that the interest is there, but for some reason, folks feel like they have to justify that these are their favorites.
Wow...I'm loving that VT on Aquabid by Somsak! I voted HM, because, well, those full, flowing fins still just blow my mind every time I look at them. I also adore CTs with super-long rays (and they don't have the fin-biting/tearing problems that HMs have....their fins come pre-shredded! ha!) I just bought 3 HMPKs....never had any before, so I'll have to see how I like them. I love the variety of colours they come in....the marbling and koi.....and, I must admit, a fish that isn't prone to fin rot/tail-biting/over-flaring tears has a real appeal at this point!
Catw0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:56 PM   #50 
ShadyLex

What first got me into betta fish was the halfmoon double tail variety and I thought they were the most beautiful betta fish there is. I'm starting to spread out a bit but I think they're going to hold a special place in my heart for bettas.
ShadyLex is offline   Reply With Quote