Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-24-2009, 06:03 PM   #11 
dramaqueen
Banned

I don't mean to sound critical or anything but do you think the owner really likes and wants the fish? I say this because I had a similar situation with a neighbor who was given one and, it this situation, she really didn't give a care about the fish. She didn't want to "fool" with him and he ended up being mine. I was only too happy to take it off her hands. Again, I don't mean to sound rude or anything.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:17 PM   #12 
msfishtoyou

Dramaqueen - I do not consider your question rude; it is a logical question in my opinion.

The fish was a gift to the wife from students and I don't think she really wants it but the husband has grown attached to him and I believe he truly wants the fish. I just think he hasn't had the time to deal with learning about fish care and/or he was planning their awesome vacation and that took up all his time & thought process.

Actually I don't think he knew anything was wrong with the care he was giving the fish until I pointed out the square plastic tank was too small. They left on vacation the day after dropping off the fish, so they have no idea how much research I've been doing about this little fish! They will be surprised I'm sure.

As I mentioned, I want to keep the little guy; he's a beautiful blueish/turquoise with a touch of red/burgundy at the bottom of the lowest part of his tail; I haven't researched on how to tell what type of betta he is yet, and until I came on this forum, I never saw one like him. If I can get a picture of him, I'll post it. As much as I would like to keep him, I know I can't as I'm pretty sure the husband wants him back. Then I'll just have to go buy my own.
msfishtoyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:02 PM   #13 
dramaqueen
Banned

It would be nice if they would just let you have him. In my situation, I, like you, did research and when I tried to educate my neighbor, she said he's not made of gold and can easily be replaced. She was only changing his water once a month and he was in a half gallon vase!
Old 06-24-2009, 09:59 PM   #14 
msfishtoyou

I'll have the fish to at least until July 7th, so I can enjoy him until that time.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:44 AM   #15 
dramaqueen
Banned

I know you'll get a lot of joy out of watching him and taking care of him. They're wonderful fish with great personalities. Watch out though, they're very addictive!! lol
Old 07-02-2009, 11:06 AM   #16 
msfishtoyou

Dramaqueen --- it is relaxing watching him swim. I posted a new thread that he now has a larger home. It's over 3 liters.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:16 PM   #17 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm glad he has a larger home now. I wish you could keep him. I'm sure you are really enjoying him.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:59 PM   #18 
cindylou

Hi, I was reading the comments on your condioner. I have had bettas for many years and have not once put anything in the water to take out the clorine. When I change my bettas water I just get it the same temp and put it in, bettas breath our air and not the air in the water. I've never had a problem with this what so ever. Hope this helps.
cindylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 07:32 AM   #19 
dramaqueen
Banned

cindylou, I find it hard to believe that your water has no chlorine or chloramine in it. Untreated tapwater will kill fish. I've seen it happen to my cousin once. I wouldn't try it with my fish.