Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-06-2009, 12:17 AM   #21 
dramaqueen
Banned

I hope the egg sac looking thing isn't some type of parasite.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:40 AM   #22 
BakaMandy

@dramaqueen: Yeah D: that's what I was hoping too. That's why I was hoping someone would be able to identify it if it wasn't eggs... cause white poop? Has anyone seen that before?

Well lately it's starting to have some colour... so O_o;; but I managed to pick some of it out with a medicine dropper and i was feeling it and it was kinda mucusy.
BakaMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:45 AM   #23 
dr2b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaMandy View Post
@dramaqueen: Yeah D: that's what I was hoping too. That's why I was hoping someone would be able to identify it if it wasn't eggs... cause white poop? Has anyone seen that before?

Well lately it's starting to have some colour... so O_o;; but I managed to pick some of it out with a medicine dropper and i was feeling it and it was kinda mucusy.
I've handled and been around some pretty nasty and grotesque things in my life from being a nursing assistant... but what you just said about getting some of it out with a medicine droper and that it was feeling mucusy gave me the heeby jeebys for some reason. I have no idea why because I've probably handled much worse things lol.

Sorry... I just had to say that. I do hope it isn't some kind of parasite or something though.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 06:52 AM   #24 
dramaqueen
Banned

If the poop is white and stringy looking, its usually a sign of parasites.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:07 AM   #25 
BakaMandy

What should I do? D: I'm reading about internal parasites... but should I go with this treatment? It would explain a little while she's not eatting ):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Splendens
Internal Parasites - This can be a tough one to catch! Sometimes a fish will show little or no sign of sickness, but will gradually get thinner. You have to really know your bettas to even see this one coming, folks. As always, prevention is the best medicine. Rinse live and frozen food thoroughly with clean water, and do not pass bowls, nets, or other equipment between healthy fish and sick ones. If you suspect IP, put your betta into clean water and treat immediately with a parasitic medication (I like Clout, Maracyn-2, or Hex-a-Mit). Clean containers well that have been holding infected fish; scald with boiling water or clean with Clorox.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:03 PM   #26 
dramaqueen
Banned

There is medicated food that treats internal parasites. Its made by Jungle Labs, I think.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:36 PM   #27 
BakaMandy

I bought something called Maracyn-two to treat her. A breeder's site I was reading suggested the medicine to treat internal parasites... I don't think medicated food would work since she doesn't eat anything at all ):