Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-22-2013, 06:37 PM   #41 
ElizabethB

http://youtu.be/UiWk8ixZu78

I know that the one female has stress stripes, but it is just a reaction to me. One morning I was standing (stupidly) with the lid up watching them eat. She got enthusiastic and jumped out. I managed to save her, but ever since she stripes up every time I get near the tank.
Is the mess bad or am I being OCD?
ElizabethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:43 PM   #42 
jaysee
Reference Team

Looks like you could use some trumpet snails Really though, that's just what happens when you don't have any bottom dwellers.
jaysee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:45 PM   #43 
AyalaCookiejar

My phone doesn't want to load the video, lol, but when I had a girl jump out at feeding time, I put her back in and she was fine. I have another girl who just stripes up sometimes. She might be a little freaked out still but she should be okay, as long as she's acting/swimming just fine.

As far as mess goes, you just need to test the water regularly and make sure there's no ammonia or nitrites ever.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:54 PM   #44 
ElizabethB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyalaCookiejar View Post
My phone doesn't want to load the video, lol, but when I had a girl jump out at feeding time, I put her back in and she was fine. I have another girl who just stripes up sometimes. She might be a little freaked out still but she should be okay, as long as she's acting/swimming just fine.

As far as mess goes, you just need to test the water regularly and make sure there's no ammonia or nitrites ever.
Glad to know I'm not the only one. I was fresh out of bed and all "durr" when it happened lol. I have the API master test kit, and the water checks out fine. I have a big tank, plenty of filtration, and it is underpopulated along with regular water changes. Maybe I should just try the root tabs and see if that helps. The tank gets indirect sunlight, but that cannot be helped with my present house. I'm sure it contributes to the algae growth.
ElizabethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:55 PM   #45 
Bombalurina

Gorgeous girls!

I have khuli loaches and cories, and my sand looks exactly like that.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote