Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-22-2013, 11:40 PM   #121 
Tabby216

My girl's name is Diva because she is picky and her color is blue and it has turned brighter since I had her. She's turned into a star diva ;)
Tabby216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:38 AM   #122 
BetterBetta22

Jet is jet black ( original huh), Hamlet is a ham for the camera Ham-let ( ok so I'm cheesy) Orion is blue with white splotches kinda like the night sky with stars and Stanley.... well when we got Stanley he was mislabeled as a girl so I said he needed a manly name to recover some dignity so Manly Stanley he became
BetterBetta22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:48 AM   #123 
jentralala
Reference Team

Lionheart was named because she survived at the LFS in a tiny bowl with maybe a half cup of water, and yet she was always fiesty and responsive when I saw her in the store, for the months leading up to my purchasing her.

Now that I've had some time with her, I should have named her Monster.
She's the most destructive, aggressive, fiesty, and territorial fish I've ever met. She throws MTS around the tank, bites me whenever I have to do tank maintenance, rips eye stalks off of Ramshorns, and tries to inhale giant shrimp. She also is determined to murder her reflection.
I still like her though. Haha.
jentralala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:51 AM   #124 
BetterBetta22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jentralala View Post
Lionheart was named because she survived at the LFS in a tiny bowl with maybe a half cup of water, and yet she was always fiesty and responsive when I saw her in the store, for the months leading up to my purchasing her.

Now that I've had some time with her, I should have named her Monster.
She's the most destructive, aggressive, fiesty, and territorial fish I've ever met. She throws MTS around the tank, bites me whenever I have to do tank maintenance, rips eye stalks off of Ramshorns, and tries to inhale giant shrimp. She also is determined to murder her reflection.
I still like her though. Haha.
Sounds like my kinda girl :)
BetterBetta22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:05 AM   #125 
fleetfish

Shalidor - named after a famous mage from the Elder Scrolls video game series because he is almost magical looking and I'm a huge nerd, lol

Pinyin - he is a blue cambodian (probably gonna marble) and he's got the brightest blue pectorals. His body is all white, so he looks like that Chinese blue porcelain ... he's a cutie :)

Homer - Homer is one of the cracked cup boys I adopted yesterday. He is a green/red VT and I've been itching to name a betta Homer for the longest while. Named after the poet, not Simpson ... he'd have to be yellow.

Teddy - The name of the other cracked cup boy ... he has SBD or is injured so he floats tail up quite frequently. Named after one of my favourite horses.

Sanguine - He is a red marble delta and his body is splashed with red, and his fins are clear. He looks bloodsoaked and murderous, but is a total sweetheart.

Bananana - Yes, the spelling is intentional. Bananana is my darling yellow pastel lady.

Brienne of Tarth - A character from my favourite HBO show, Game of Thrones. Bri is a feisty sapphire blue CT girl, who will flare at everything and nom fingers galore if she had the patience.

Falk Firefins - Another Elder Scrolls name - from a random character. Falk is a red CT and he looks like he's on fire, sooo, yeah.

- - - - -

And those are my bettas, as of today. :)

Last edited by fleetfish; 05-23-2013 at 09:23 AM.
fleetfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:29 AM   #126 
Alavna

Stanley got his name due to the ornament I bought for his tank. I wanted to get something that would stand out and saw a mask just like the one from the movie the Mask. So his full name is Stanley Ipkiss :) He loves the ornament as well, will often find him swimming in and out of the eyes and mouth
Alavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:12 PM   #127 
bettalover2000

I'm thinking I'll name my next bettas (I want to get 2 babies) Amy and Rory. <3
It would be weird if I bred them because Amy and Rory couldn't have any more kids after R.S. :P
bettalover2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:21 PM   #128 
Silverbeam

I named my first little guy because he was silvery and all radiant as a beam of sun. (Or ray of sun but beam sounded better!) :)
Silverbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:48 PM   #129 
Bailmint

Milo

I named mine Milo because the Disney character milo on fish hooks :)
Bailmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:17 PM   #130 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm currently fishless but I had a white one named Boo, my *rescue* was called Lucky, then there was McGee, named for an owl, Makoto, Poco, Joe Dirt and his brother Joe Cool (JC for short).
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote