Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-23-2013, 07:10 AM   #11 
Laki

How heartbreaking. I doubt she moved them if she hung around the shed "waiting" for them. Even a mama cat trying to fool predators and misguide them from the nest wouldn't wait that long.

I'm so sorry :( I hope you find them though.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:38 AM   #12 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Thanks everyone, and I was pretty sure that I said nothing about her not being spayed in my post. She is spayed now and still no signs of the kittens, we took her yesterday and the darn people still charged us for a regular cat. She was too friendly once they took her out of the trap, just like I had feared. But whatever, it's over and done with now. I'm not currently at my other house so I'm not able to watch her unfortunately but I know my mom will keep an eye out.

Thank you all very much, it really does mean a lot to me. :)
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:49 AM   #13 
Laki

They might have charged you regular because she is so friendly lol I think RU was referring to the last time you posted about this cat. Either way. Not the issue at hand.

Can you hear mewing when you walk around the field?
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:54 AM   #14 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
They might have charged you regular because she is so friendly lol I think RU was referring to the last time you posted about this cat. Either way. Not the issue at hand.

Can you hear mewing when you walk around the field?
Of course, I know that's the reason and of course even if we told them that she just walked into our yard and isn't our cat, which we did, they didn't care.

And no, I've heard no mewing so far and ufortunately we don't have "fields" it's all woods so some parts are difficult to search just because it can get so dense. But we had gone down to the pond on Tuesday while Misha followed us and I could have sworn I heard a kitten mew, found out that it was the stupid Mockingbird that follows us around, the darn thing mocks us and the cat all day long! And it's not afraid of us either, I mean, beautiful bird but very inconvenient at a time like this lol
Old 05-23-2013, 09:17 AM   #15 
registereduser

She is spayed? EXCELLENT!
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:29 AM   #16 
NeptunesMom

That's so odd. I am sorry for your loss. We have a feral cat out at our pastures and machine barn. For almost 10 years she had litter after litter. We couldn't catch her, but we fed her and cared for her. We actually experienced the same thing as you are talking about multiple times. But, it was because she would move them and forget where she moved them to. My poor cousin (who lives out at our pastures) would spend days ripping apart her garages (she had two), the barns (there are three of them, two smaller ones and one huge one), and walking through the probably 10 acres of woods looking for them. Sometimes she would find them, and sometimes she wouldn't. But, there were times she wouldn't find them and months later another cat would turn up about the right age. We finally were able to spay the mama cat, and the other cats that were around were all male. But, they have vanished so I'm guessing they either died or left for new territory.
NeptunesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:34 AM   #17 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeptunesMom View Post
That's so odd. I am sorry for your loss. We have a feral cat out at our pastures and machine barn. For almost 10 years she had litter after litter. We couldn't catch her, but we fed her and cared for her. We actually experienced the same thing as you are talking about multiple times. But, it was because she would move them and forget where she moved them to. My poor cousin (who lives out at our pastures) would spend days ripping apart her garages (she had two), the barns (there are three of them, two smaller ones and one huge one), and walking through the probably 10 acres of woods looking for them. Sometimes she would find them, and sometimes she wouldn't. But, there were times she wouldn't find them and months later another cat would turn up about the right age. We finally were able to spay the mama cat, and the other cats that were around were all male. But, they have vanished so I'm guessing they either died or left for new territory.
I know it is weird! I literally am going to tear apart our land, I mean...I promised people kittens! And I think that's the worst of it, they were all preparing for a little bundle of spazzy kitten fluff and now they've got nothing!

We were thinking maybe she was just trying to throw us off but she's never spent a whole day with us like that and sitting in front of the shed to cry was just weird too.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:35 AM   #18 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
I know it is weird! I literally am going to tear apart our land, I mean...I promised people kittens! And I think that's the worst of it, they were all preparing for a little bundle of spazzy kitten fluff and now they've got nothing!
They can adopt from a shelter anytime.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:12 AM   #19 
Fenghuang

RU, sometimes, you fall in love with a specific animal. You've been planning and planning to bring them home and imagining yourself spending many happy years with that one. Then, you find out that you will not be bringing it home. You cannot just get another. It's not the same.

I'm so sorry, lilnaugrim. That's heartbreaking. I hope you find them soon or they turn up.
Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:24 PM   #20 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenghuang View Post
RU, sometimes, you fall in love with a specific animal. You've been planning and planning to bring them home and imagining yourself spending many happy years with that one. Then, you find out that you will not be bringing it home. You cannot just get another. It's not the same.

I'm so sorry, lilnaugrim. That's heartbreaking. I hope you find them soon or they turn up.
Yeah, that is why I feel terrible because I know that feeling. And thank you Feng! I also hope we can find them, for my friends but also for Misha, she just seems way too heartbroken herself to have just "misplaced" her kittens, you know?