betta fish

Old 07-06-2009, 08:56 AM   #11 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so sorry you lost another one.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:33 PM   #12 
Angelmonster

Thanks. The onyl good thing out of it is that it happened jus tlike the last one, no signs of fighting and no signs of disease. It seems liek they were just a bad batch from PetSmart(which is no surprise, they treat their females badly compared to the males).
Angelmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 04:00 PM   #13 
dramaqueen
Banned

Are the females at your Petsmart housed together? Ours are in their own cups.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:36 PM   #14 
AngelicScars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelmonster View Post
Thanks. The onyl good thing out of it is that it happened jus tlike the last one, no signs of fighting and no signs of disease. It seems liek they were just a bad batch from PetSmart(which is no surprise, they treat their females badly compared to the males).
Now that you mentioned that, it seems that way at my local one as well. They are sort of put to the side, as if they aren't as beautiful or important.
Now, there is another Petsmart further away that has a whole shelf just for them, seems to care about them a bit more.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:24 AM   #15 
Angelmonster

At my petsmart they are all in the cups of blue liquid. Ther eis a whole shelf for Bettas. At the bottom they have their small bowels they try to sell and above that a nice little shelf of supplies(liek food, conditioner and meds. I like that it is all right ther e. Above that they have three shelves full of male bettas. Veil tail and Crown Tail.

Then they have half a shelf for the females, all pushed back in the dark, all swimming in blue water full of particles. IT is really sad
Old 07-08-2009, 08:13 PM   #16 
Angelmonster

Well ANOTHER one passed away, I am losing them so fast now I took all of them out of the tank and they are back in their cups. I gave them salt baths and now they are in their cups with some semi-salty water. I have them under a lamp and they are staying there overnight. Everythign from their tank is soaking in salty water too, even the tank itself >_< Tomorrow I will set it up again and if this doesn't work I don't know what to do.

Like the last ones there are no signs of sickness nor damage done by another Betta I am down to four now! The one that is in its own tank is doing fine, as is my male. I have a feeling the original one had some kind of infection that is spreading to the others
Old 07-08-2009, 08:15 PM   #17 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so sorry to hear you lost another one. I hope the rest will be ok.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:13 PM   #18 
Vikki81207

I'm so sorry you lost another girl. It's so sad
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:47 PM   #19 
Angelmonster

It is, especially since they seemed to have been doing fine together as a group. There were some little fights but no fin rips or anything major If they all end up dying 1)I am boycotting Petsmart. 2) I wont do another sorority and probably won't put a betta in there either. It is too big for a single betta.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:22 AM   #20 
Angelmonster

Well the final four have made it through the night. One of them still looks like it might die(very lethargic) but I am hopeful! They are still in their cups on the windowsill getting plenty of sun for warmth This morning I took everything out of the salt bath and now they are in a bat of water and vinegar(the fake plants and substrate, the filter and heater only got a rub down ). They are sitting in there while I am at work and tonight I will be rinsing the stuff off very well before setting the tank back up