Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-14-2013, 08:34 PM   #1 
Bettasaremykids

Bettas now with heater and filter!

Hey everyone, so yesterday i picked up another betta and a 1 gallon tank at my local fish store because i had extra store credit (nice excuse right?!) the tank was temporally.
After my mom meeting the new buddy, she wanted me to lower my tanks. I had 3 betta tanks and a 60 gallon tropical/betta sorority mix.
I was determined to get the tank levels down, so I filled my extra 10 gallon and added the conditioner and used other tank water and let it sit overnight, then hooked up the extra 5.5 gallon filter then ran to the pet store and got a heater, gravel, decorations and dividers.

Then I hooked up the heater, cleaned then added the gravel, hooked up the dividers, cleaned and added the decorations and added some large river rocks from the petstore also.
After waiting a bit for the heater to heat it to 80, i floated then added the bettas...

The overall health and happiness improvement is crazy!!!
The bettas are more active and colorful and love the new tank!
I feel bad for keeping them in cold water for months and for my first betta when I was younger
I used the 5.5 filter so it wasn't too strong and because it was extra.
I tried to make use with everything i had so i cut the old screen lid so the filter could stay in and put the extra 5.5 gallon light on top until i have more money to buy a 10 gallon light.
Me and my bettas are really happy with the results!
How do I post a picture of the tank?
I encourage you to get a heater and filter for your bettas!
I have another extra 10 gallon that may became one of these!
My mom is happy i don't have as many tanks and me and my bettas are happy too!
Bettasaremykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:16 PM   #2 
Neil D

For a picture, you can click the "Go Advanced" button under the quick reply box and then click the little paperclip right above the text box. It should open a new page where you can upload an image. After you have done that, go back to the page with the text box and post. After you've posted, you can close out the remaining page.
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:28 AM   #3 
Briz

That's wonderful! Most of the users here know that Bettas are tropical fish and do much better with heaters, but there are plenty of new fish owners who aren't aware of that!

Another way to post a picture is to avoid clicking "Go Advanced" and just click the yellow button that shows a mountain and a sun. It will ask for an URL of an image. If you've already uploaded the image on a site, say imgur, just copy the URL!
Briz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:12 PM   #4 
Bettasaremykids

http://www.bettafish.com/attachment....1&d=1369415418
Here they are!
First one is a halfmoon from a local family owned petstore named Dragon and second is Marble a dragon scale from petsmart!
I have a extra space available because one sadly died because he was old. I've been trying to find a betta for his spot but none catch my eye, i might order one online!
Attached Images

Bettasaremykids is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettas, filter, heater, tank