Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-24-2013, 09:29 PM   #1 
Goodbettabest

Feel sorry for myself rant......i give up :-(

Sorry guys i just need a vent. There seems to be something wrong with most of my boys. I have one with what i assume to be major fin rot. He had a little of it when i got him but now most of his caudal is missing. Two others now also appear to have it as well plus one is having major constipation & bloat issues on top of the fin rot. I am so anal about water changes, not over feeding and keeping my boys in 5 gal filtered tanks for a better quality of life. Why am i having all these dramas whilst my friend who bought her first betta the same time i got my first boy (who, incidently died on Tuesday), keeps hers in a 1 gal bowl with a once a month water change if that. That bowl is always filthy with food all over the bottom. her betta, despite living in a sewer is healthy as anything, no fin rot. Nothing. To make it worse, when any of my boys get sick she uses hers as a good example of how i go over the top & how you don't need to keep changing water etc cos look at how happy her fish is. Uuuugh. Sorry, rant over.
Goodbettabest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:22 PM   #2 
shellieca
Reference Team

I feel your pain. I keep losing a female every few months. I'm beginning to think its the fact I get them from big box stores. I hope you can get them healthy again. Sorry you've had to lose any of them. As for your friend, I think its a matter of time before something happens to hers.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote