Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-25-2013, 10:50 AM   #11 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
I see what you did there :D yoda.

But back on subject. Aslong as you follow the Epson salt treatment Something will happen. Id rather say its something to do internal. Because I had the same problem once.

The people here will really try their best to help you. just follow everything they say and you should see improvement :)
Goodluck Philip!
Well your words would have been great encouragement but Philip had already passed away at this point.

You are right though, it was most likely internal, probably an organ failure which is what causes Dropsy.

And what did you mean by the "I see what you did there"? I know the line, I've used it myself but I think I'm missing something lol
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:55 AM   #12 
Bettafish

NO D: I didn't see that post. sigh. now I wish I had posted way sooner and suggested clove oil.
Bettafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:59 AM   #13 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
NO D: I didn't see that post. sigh. now I wish I had posted way sooner and suggested clove oil.
That's alright :) Although since it came on so quickly clove oil wouldn't have been an option anyway. Besides there *are* cases where a fish can come back after pine-coning badly so I wouldn't even suggest clove oil unless you absolutely are positively certain that the fish will not get any better.

S.I.P. is swim in peace, if you didn't know :)
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:21 AM   #14 
ANHEL123

So sorry for your boy, he was happy with you and felt your love. It really not your fault. Our loved betta get sick just like any human being or any other animal. So we try to rescue them from the store and give them life and our love but we have to understand and just accept it as a part of the life if they get sick. You did wonderful job trying to help him and ask for help, unfortunately a lot of people would not even do that. Believe me we all betta lovers , especially who have bettas for long time had to say goodbye to our loved pets.
So don't afraid to buy another betta and give him the same chance for life:) If you decide to rescue another betta i would think that you will need to disinfect the tank. I am going to post the link for you with instructions how to disinfect the tank.
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=175713
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:36 PM   #15 
thegoverner

Thank you all again for all the support , this is such a great forum for betta lovers :)
thegoverner is offline   Reply With Quote