Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-09-2009, 12:04 PM   #11 
Joerin

We got the same aquarium two weeks ago. We had the same problem with our betta and the water being too cold. We got the hydro mini heater for a 2.5 gallon tank, but now I am having problems with it being too warm. I wouldn't recommend the stick on thermometer. Thats what I bought, and it really only gives you a range of what the temp is, not an actual reading. I probably will be back off to petco tomorrow to get a regular thermometer since I'm having these temp problems.....I'm surprised our fish hasn't died from shock already!
Joerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:09 PM   #12 
dramaqueen
Banned

The glass thermometers that stick on the inside of the aquarium are the most accurate.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:53 PM   #13 
dukie1346

I got wardley pellets at walmart, and my bettas eat it up! The water temperature should be about 76 degrees to about 84 degrees. I would get a glass thermometer for a couple dollars, when I bought mine, the suctio cup didn't stick, so I took the suction thing off of it and I put the thermometer in the corner of the tank and it floats in the water.
dukie1346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:58 PM   #14 
dr2b

I'm always afraid to mess w/ my thermometer because I FINALLY got it to stick on the glass :)
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:59 PM   #15 
dramaqueen
Banned

Sometimes they don't stick so good! lol
Old 07-09-2009, 01:12 PM   #16 
Angelmonster

Betta fish are picky eaters. my male and female in their own tanks will ONLY eat pellets, they attack them like they are evil haha.

My sorority tank on the other hand go "wtf are these!?" when I give them the pelettes which makes me sad since they are better for them They only eat flakes.

Once every other week I give them a little blood worm and they kind of go "meh" with those.
Angelmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 02:19 PM   #17 
Starbright

My betta was so set on flakes when I first got him, but I was so set of pellets. So every day about 3 times a day I'd drop in a pellet and take it out after he ignored it. After half a week, he started to put it in his mouth and then spit it back out. This went on for over a week and a half! Eventually he caved in from hunger and gobbled up the pellets like crazy! Now he loves pellets and gets so excited when I drop them in. :)
Starbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:58 PM   #18 
daisygirl

Alright everyone! Thank you for all of the tips! I'm sorry it has been so long since I have written about our little Bubbles but our Internet has been down. I'm sorry to report that we lost Bubbles. Not sure what happened. We got a thermometer (a suction one on the inside) and the temp was about 76 so we did not have to use the heater. He started swimming around one day so we were very happy and then the very next day he didn't eat at all and died that night.

We took him back to the pet store and we now have a crowntail betta that is blue and red and slightly purpleish if you look at him from a different way. His name is Zachary. We have used bottled water this time so and Hikari food. He is kind of shy. He hides behind the tree alot. But so far so good. He's eating all of his food and of course, he's still alive. We have only had him since Sunday so we'll keep an eye on him. Not sure if anyone will read this thread anymore, but thanks for all of your support!!!
daisygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 01:14 PM   #19 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so sorry to hear about Bubbles. Zachary sounds very pretty. It may take him some time to get used to his new home and once he does, he may become a little more outgoing and friendly. Good luck with him.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:15 PM   #20 
dr2b

Sorry to hear about Bubbles...RIP Bubbles.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote