Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-24-2013, 07:56 AM   #11 
Laki

Aw congrats :)
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:25 AM   #12 
Adnamac

Congratulations on wonderful news! Hope it won't be long before you can share even more wonderful news...that this currently being planned for new addition is there and growing!

Adnamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:54 PM   #13 
JadeAngel

Thanks guys!

I am so excited. He gave me the green light to tell one of my 2 best friends... since I know she will be supportive rather than judgemental, and I really need a friend to blab too, hahaha

I keep getting nervous that my husband will just change his mind on me... so I'm walking on egg shells as he is the kind of person that is easily over whelmed and discouraged if something is fussed over too much. But do you know how hard it is to just not talk about it?

For a little bit I get nervous because anyone here who's ever had a kid knows what a handfull those first few months are, and then I thinka bout it and get so excited that it's hard to keep my moouth shut. And... if anyone here has seen many of my posts... yes, I am just as talkitive in real life as I am on my posts

But until there's a positive test, I have to keep my cool. Then after... the heck with it! I'm going all out! hahahahaha
JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:26 PM   #14 
bettalover2000

Congratulations!!!!!!!!
No offense to anyone, but I think it's nice that people nowadays actually WANT to have children and desire the responsibility of raising the next generation.

I have 2 cousins a year younger than me, we never see eachother anymore though. :P
bettalover2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:02 PM   #15 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have cousins who never planned their kids. It was just like whoops, I'm having a baby. I don't know if it even crossed their mind that it could be prevented.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:07 PM   #16 
JadeAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I have cousins who never planned their kids. It was just like whoops, I'm having a baby. I don't know if it even crossed their mind that it could be prevented.
I guess it's all in the person? lol

My mom's ex-bf's daughter (who I could not stand) got pregnant on purpose to trap her bf into marriage. She basically demanded he marry her, and took him to move to her home state with her. He had the last straw when she tried to force him to join the military so she could get the benefits, and when he didn't she complained to everyone to make all the family and friends pressure him and call him immature about not wanting to join and such. Yeah, he smartened up and left her... then she found her 2nd chance with another guy and did the same thing. She had a miscarriage and shrugged it off and said "eh, doesn't matter, we'll try again". When told she needed to wait before trying again to ensure a safer pregnancy for both her and the baby, she said she didn't care. She really is all about herself... and that's the kind of person who I hate that they can have kids so easily.

Meanwhile my sister and law just lost her baby girl, and my good friend had a miscarriage a while back. It just infuriates me that good people can have a hard time conceiving or having a healthy pregnancy, while spoiled selfish people pop them out left and right, either for carelessness or their own self centered wants.

My daughter was unplanned, but at the time we got pregnant we had actually made plans to try in 1 years time. So she was unexpected, but you could say she just came earlier than planned is all

Oh, I was so happy today... I talked about some things with him and he is still completely on board with this but he did get a bit annoyed when I started rambling oops, lol.

So I started taking vitamins yesterday, and I'm going to get decaf coffee and all those precautions. I need painters masks too because I am the only one who cleans the litter boxes, and because my husband is allergic to fleas, I have to treat the carpets and furniture as it starts to get hotter. Though I guess I should wear masks regardless, that stuff isn't healthy to breathe no matter what

My friend has also offered to come over weekly when I do get preggerz and am later into it, so she can help me with heavier tasks like the water changes. Really... I had 2 really frustrating weeks where everything seemed to go wrong... but I'm on the top of the world this week
Old 05-25-2013, 08:12 PM   #17 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Ahhhh I'm still so excited for you! Just reading your post makes me even more so! Of course I agree, it is really dissapointing that the people who don't care can just get up and have a baby like there's no tomorrow while the rest of us struggle :(

I'm so happy your friend is going to help too! That's absolutely fantastic!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:11 PM   #18 
Bombalurina

Congratulations, JadeAngel, I think that's awesome, especially after the drama you've been through!
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:57 PM   #19 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yeah, it's not fair that those who really want children can't have them and people who have no business having them can have them.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:10 PM   #20 
JadeAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
Congratulations, JadeAngel, I think that's awesome, especially after the drama you've been through!
Thank you

We're talking about it daily now, and he seems to be really set, so I'm allowing myself to get more excited Though I guess not too much, because seriously... it's the ones that are planning it that seem to take forever to get it so I can just hope for now

On bad news though... my husband's uncle and his wife lost their baby at a couple months along :( I'm honestly not too surprised as she is in her 40s... but still, it doesn't take away from it. So of course when he told his mother that we are trying for a 2nd, she is all about advice and warnings to be careful. But we try not to think in that.

Last edited by JadeAngel; 05-27-2013 at 10:16 PM.